Had to go drive one anyway today

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I popped into the store to drive the srt10 mambo vert 05. As mentioned in an earlier post I bought a ZO6 c6 on impulse. Wow! Having driven the Z06 for a few days now the Viper was all that everyone mentioned. Rude,Crude,Strong. I loved it. I heard cool exaust popping noises coming from both sides with windows down and top up. The cockpit was tight and simple. Pedals downward and I fit ok even with out the seat lowering kit. She made a awsome sound at or near wot as I kept in mind to respect the beast. I quickly called my buddy and said we need to add this car as a stable mate to the Z06. If all goes well this year I see a 06 coupe in the very near future. Perhaps the Z06 will be a good training coach for the less predictable srt10.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will love the viper i have owned many vettes and still have one but viper is my favorite of them 2.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a raw,brutal and heart pounding driving experience. I've been driving mine for almost 3 years and still give it lots of respect every time I take it out. It's a shot of adrenalin on wheels!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the Z06 will be a good training coach for the less predictable srt10.

Have to correct you on that statement. Vipers are by far one of the most predictable cars ever made. Only one rule truly applies: if you don't drive it with respect... you WILL wreck it at best... die and/or take out a bunch of people with you at worst.

It's one of the few cars where you take your life into your own hands. That said, if you're good with a Viper, you're most likely a better driver than most that claim to be good with another car. I tell people if you drive well in a Viper, you can drive well in anything. The reverse does NOT apply.

If you gonna tool around in the Z06 for practice... ALWAYS turn off the nannytech, or else you might as well be driving a Yugo. :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once you get used to it buy Sean Roe's Gen 3 supercharger kit and start learning all over again. About $7,000 and you'll be teaching Gen 3s what your taillights look like. The 06 coupe has runcraps and you need to cahnge those to PS2s BEFORE the Roe twinscrew supercharger for safety. Roe Racing Viper Performance Parts

Paxton superchargers are great for dyno numbers and easier to control since they drive stock up to 3500rpm

A great comparison between all Forced Induction power adders can be found on the Whipple webpage for clear explanations on their characteristics.

Good luck with your purchases.

Ted

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALWAYS turn off the nannytech, or else you might as well be driving a Yugo. :D

Definitely, if you are trying to learn how to handle a car on the track; disable the computer aids unless you are just trying to learn how to make that specific car go quicker than you could do otherwise.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All good stuff. I stand corrected on the Mamba. It is very cool. I'll remember to turn off the aids. Thanks for the feedback:)

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we keep trying to tell the vette guys about experiences like yours, but they never believe us!

Yea, the vette is NO trainer at all. I had a 99 FRC vette making just over 800rwhp. Bought my first Viper about 2 years ago thinking the whole "snake bitten" thing was for people w/little experience w/high horsepower! 2 months later on a 15degree cold night I learned otherwise and totaled the car. I wasn't even driving the car hard at all! I was accelerating past a few cars and I was going 55mph. The only real mistake I made was driving on the runflat tires that come from the factory in extremely cold conditions. Those things are suicide! Little did I know! I've had a few vipers since then and have a whole new found respect for the car. I walked away, but that was only by the grace of God! Tire replacement is a must!! Put some PS2's on there first thing no matter how much tread life is on the car when you get it. This will cut your risk in half no doubt. It'd also be good to take the car to a road course to learn it's limits! Then enjoy:headbang:. Nothing else like a viper:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Despite the above, I can't live w/out a viper!!! Here's my current DLM Beast

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32