Hagerty rates Viper as hot collectable

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hagerty has a new list of automobiles they feel will be long term collectable.
These are the vehicles they feel will have long term investment potential, and that people will desire in the future.

Hagerty's Hot List:

* Toyota FJ Cruiser
* Mini Cooper
* Lotus Elise
* Dodge Viper
* Acura NSX
* Toyota Scion
* Audi TT
* Jaguar XK
* Chrysler 300
* Smart Car

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SMART CAR!!!!!!!!!
Mini Cooper theres 100s of theses things here.....
Agreed. The Mini is a fun drive, but collectable? I just can't see it. Viper, NSX, Elise yes. There's too many of the rest for me to think they will ever be collectables, but time will tell.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scion, Smart car, Mini, FJ Cruiser? Huh??!!
Viper, sure. NSX, Elise, maybe. TT and XK, hmmm. What 300 are they refering to? Maybe an SRT8, but even those are pumped out by the basketful, aren't they?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mini is the new Volkswagen Beetle and the Scion is another nitch Freaky/Hippie/Wierd Mobile. Something for every car enthusiast, just not your cup of Tea.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper, sure. NSX, Elise, maybe. TT and XK, hmmm. What 300 are they refering to? Maybe an SRT8, but even those are pumped out by the basketful, aren't they?

They likely think it is a cultural icon, similar to the Bel Air of the 50's, About 5 million of the Bel Air's were produced (Staggering considering the era). The Hi Performance ones are worth alot more, but in the long run, all of them are collectable.

I suppose any of these cars in perfect condition, 50 years from now will be collectable... Not all are my choices either.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They likely think it is a cultural icon, similar to the Bel Air of the 50's, About 5 million of the Bel Air's were produced (Staggering considering the era). The Hi Performance ones are worth alot more, but in the long run, all of them are collectable.

I suppose any of these cars in perfect condition, 50 years from now will be collectable... Not all are my choices either.

Agreed 100%, look at what's going on with the muscle car world.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the Viper and XK (through 2006). They have classic lines. Rare. TT, Mini, Scion....nope. Too common.

NSX...that is a tough one. Supra will appreciate more than the NSX.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toyota FJ cruiser? You gotta be kidding me. I never heard of a production Toyota ever being a classic so why would this one be? Audi TT, Mini Cooper, and Scions may build dedicated car clubs but like the MG Midget will never appreciate in real value. Acura NSX, possibly one of the first Japanese manufacturers to enter the level of classic but since a twin turbo 300zx from the 1990's isn't on the list then maybe not. Lotus and Jaguar always have potential.

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya gotta think out 25 years.
By that time probably 95% of Minis and Scions will be driven into the ground and crushed in junk yards. Very very few will be put away and available with just a couple hundred or thousand miles on them.

Think these very few prime examples will bring significant money.

Already there will be no more supercharged Coopers produced. Imagine what one of these with the factory Works package might bring in 25 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi