Halo / Angel Eyes / Oracle Lights - Experienc

w8liftn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There has been some discussion in these forums over the "Angel Eyes", "Oracle", or "Halo" lighting for Vipers. Whether you like them or not I want to let everyone know my experience with them.

I ordered a set of ORACLE lights from AACStyle.com for $199.99 plus $9.99 shipping and was told that they would ship within 48 hours of recieving my order. Over two weeks later I recieved them, they told me (after the fact) that they were waiting on some new transformers before shipping them. I would have been seriously ********** if I had taken my car apart in advance.

I hooked all four of the tubes to a DC source to ensure that they worked prior to disassembling my car, no problems there.

It took me about two hours to remove the light housings from my '02 GTS. The entire bumper cover had to be removed to access the three bolts that released the light housings. The instructions that came with the halos told me that I would have to put the headlights in the oven (yes, I said the oven) to make the glue release and give me access to the internals. I was able to take the housings apart much easier than what was recommended and commenced to install the glass tubes.

I immediately noticed that the rings were too big to fit where the instructions recommended. The diameter should have been about a half inch smaller in order to fit properly (in my opinion). Despite the size issue, I mounted the tubes exactly as the directions said, but they had to be laid on top of the opening instead of inside the opening like the directions showed. The kit came with some plastic 'epoxy' and I used it as exactly as the directions said. After about four minutes later(the epoxy's dry time), I heard two loud pops and saw that the tubes had busted just below the adhesive bonds.

I called the company and sent them pictures of what had happened, and to make an already long story shorter, they blamed me and said that I had to have put pressure on the tubes causing them to break, despite the fact that they were simply laid on top of the opening to the low beams. They offered to send me two new tubes (the kit came with four) at 'wholesale' price for $39. I've tried to get someone to talk to me on the phone with no luck so far. Now my car is in pieces while I have to sit here and wonder if they are actually gonna ship me replacements or not. Even if they do, I'm out another fifty bucks and there is no guarantee that they won't break again.

Think twice before ordering one of these kits, at least for Gen I and II's. I guess that it's my own fault for trying to rice out a Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thunderous torque wrench wielded by the Mighty Grailkeeper Helbig smited down your rice. Next time, spend the $200 on performance parts.... or go to *******. :D

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems! Projects like this take time and would require your car to be apart. Any type of custom job that is not exactly meant for the specific car will take extra time. The epoxy probably heated up and cracked the bulbs. I like the way the halos look on certain cars and think they would look good on the Viper. A lot of people think they are rice but I don't think it is too bad. Hey, as long as it's done really well, classy, and clean I don't think it would classify as rice. Good luck to you. Just don't give up.

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I have seen on other boards and experienced first hand you are probably in for a long ride my friend. Stories of slow shipping, busted halos (or whatever) on arrival, busted in the install, first drive, first hot day/cold day, transformer failures, erratic working, etc etc.

I would buy a second set of headlights, that way you can always use the car when you want if there are issues with your halos.

And remember, the transformers and other parts are like Gremlins, never EVER get them wet.

Good luck.

hreviper02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if u ever got your angel eyes in and working properly? thinkin about installing them but having second geusses. I dont want to waste money on something thats destined to fail or is not mantainence free. please reply really wold like to know!