HAS ANYBODY CUT A HOLE IN THER HOOD?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Young:

How was the heat? Did you find it made the ride a lot hotter for you or did it reduce your temps a bit?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My temps did rise a bit, but I am not sure about the engine temps.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Ulysses,

A pic of what.. I"m confused.. A '** on 'da hood or a '** in 'da hood?

G

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Living near Detroit, maybe a '** in 'da hood would have been more appropriate than a '** on 'da hood. Too bad we can't post pics of any '** with less than every square inch of skin covered up.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one does this qualify as?

a.jpg

<FONT size="1">(consider this thread hijacked)</FONT s>

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Young:

a.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am beginning to consider drilling **'s on everything I own.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET!

has anyone added the GTSR center louver?
i would love to add it. yes it will screw up my painted hood
pad. but that needs a huge hole in the center of the hood.
let me know pics please.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, who drilled that '**?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut a hole in my hood for an entirely different reason. I heard it is easy to crack the hood if you close it incorrectly, so I solved the problem by cutting 2 large holes in the hood above the dipstick tube and above the oil fill cap. This way I can check and change my oil without even opening the hood. Novel idea I think. The only drawback is when I run it through the local $3 car wash, besides the 13" tires getting caught in the track that is. If anyone wants any detailed plans on how to do this, just e-mail me.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man:
I cut a hole in my hood for an entirely different reason. I heard it is easy to crack the hood if you close it incorrectly, so I solved the problem by cutting 2 large holes in the hood above the dipstick tube and above the oil fill cap. This way I can check and change my oil without even opening the hood. Novel idea I think. The only drawback is when I run it through the local $3 car wash, besides the 13" tires getting caught in the track that is. If anyone wants any detailed plans on how to do this, just e-mail me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a pretty good idea. Do you plan to include 10 more holes so you can change the spark plugs with the hood closed as well? Please post pics. I've been thinking about ordering some holes for my hood.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:

That is a pretty good idea. Do you plan to include 10 more holes so you can change the spark plugs with the hood closed as well? Please post pics. I've been thinking about ordering some holes for my hood.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you Makara. Does JonB carry these holes? Are the bigger holes more expensive than the smaller holes? If I don't get Mopar holes, does it void my warranty? Does the size of the hole affect my RWHP? What kind of holes should I get? Do any of the tuners make a nice carbon-fiber hole set?

<FONT size="1">(did the sarcasm come through? just checking)</FONT s>

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew I should have applied for a patent on that spark plug access hole idea sooner. That was my next modification plan. Remember, it's October Fools Day. Six months after April Fools Day.

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY DONT YALL PICK SOME ONE ELSES THREAD TO BE A JA***SS ON! MOTOR CITY MAD MAN. I NEEDED SOME HELP WITH A PROBLEM NOT A BUNCH OF 5 YEAR OLDS ON THE INTERNET!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPARKY:
WHY DONT YALL PICK SOME ONE ELSES THREAD TO BE A JA***SS ON! MOTOR CITY MAD MAN. I NEEDED SOME HELP WITH A PROBLEM NOT A BUNCH OF 5 YEAR OLDS ON THE INTERNET!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sthhhparky,

If you reread the thread your question was answered and opinions were given DAYS ago. No need to get your ******* in a *** man.

If you're looking for before and after documented temperature diffrences with hole sizes, etc.. FORGET ABOUT IT... NOT GONNA HAPPEN..

Gerald

OP
OP
S

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Sthhhparky,

If you reread the thread your question was answered and opinions were given DAYS ago. No need to get your ******* in a *** man.

If you're looking for before and after documented temperature diffrences with hole sizes, etc.. FORGET ABOUT IT... NOT GONNA HAPPEN..

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>GERALD YOU CAN KISS MY A** I DIDNT ASK FOR YOUR OPINION!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Sparky, your sig says you have three quarter horses. Is it safe to assume that you cut a hole in a whole horse leaving you with just three quarters? Did this help your horsepower any?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPARKY:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lighten up Sparky. And for your information I am 5 1/2 not 5 years old. As was stated however, your problem appeared to be solved already so I felt it was time to relieve the boredom of this board. Consider yourself lucky your thread wasn't hijacked by a bunch of Muslim extremists. Now does anyone else have any more pictures of a **' on da hood? Let's go for 3 pages!!!!!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motor City Mad Man:
Lighten up Sparky. And for your information I am 5 1/2 not 5 years old. As was stated however, your problem appeared to be solved already so I felt it was time to relieve the boredom of this board. Consider yourself lucky your thread wasn't hijacked by a bunch of Muslim extremists. Now does anyone else have any more pictures of a **' on da hood? Let's go for 3 pages!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You type very well for a five and a half year old. You don't count so well though. We are already at three. I see no stopping until four!

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy there Sparkles. For one, we may be 5, but at least we can use the Internet without our d*mn capslock on. Your question has been asked/answered here, and at least 10 times in the past. If you're having an overheating issue, a 4" hole in your hood isn't gonna do much. And c'mon, there is more livestock in your sig than automobiles, this isn't the Green Acres Board.

Now, let's get this thread back on track, wasn't someone asking about drillin' hos on the hood?

You must be registered for see images

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Easy there Sparkles. For one, we may be 5, but at least we can use the Internet without our d*mn capslock on. Your question has been asked/answered here, and at least 10 times in the past. If you're having an overheating issue, a 4" hole in your hood isn't gonna do much. And c'mon, there is more livestock in your sig than automobiles, this isn't the Green Acres Board.

Now, let's get this thread back on track, wasn't someone asking about drillin' hos on the hood?

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two **'s seems to work well.

2002 FINAL EDITION, FULL TANK OF GAS
1999 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA, EXHAUST, INTAKE, 3.5"LIFT, 33X12.50 SWAMPERS
1990 NISSAN 300ZX TWIN TURBO, ALMOST OUT OF GAS
18 NEON TETRAS
4 RUMMY NOSED DANIO
4 ZEBRA DANIO (FANCY TAILED)
2 ANGEL FISH
2 SWORDTAILS
1 SILVER DOLLAR
1 PLECO
1 BETA
2 CATS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD THAT GET ON MY CARS EVERY CHANCE THEY GET
LOOKING FOR A FEW **'S TO PUT ON MY HOOD

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Two **'s seems to work well.

2002 FINAL EDITION, FULL TANK OF GAS
1999 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA, EXHAUST, INTAKE, 3.5"LIFT, 33X12.50 SWAMPERS
1990 NISSAN 300ZX TWIN TURBO, ALMOST OUT OF GAS
18 NEON TETRAS
4 RUMMY NOSED DANIO
4 ZEBRA DANIO (FANCY TAILED)
2 ANGEL FISH
2 SWORDTAILS
1 SILVER DOLLAR
1 PLECO
1 BETA
2 CATS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD THAT GET ON MY CARS EVERY CHANCE THEY GET
LOOKING FOR A FEW **'S TO PUT ON MY HOOD

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of that old Chinese proverb-:A **' in da hand is worth two on da hood.

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY C**P!!...

This is one of the best threads I've ever read. ROTFLMAO This forum is just too groovy.

Jeeze Sparky, just relax and forget the hole d*mn thing.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark Young / Makara -

thank you for getting this thread back on topic; we'll get a 4-pager yet!!

Makara - I almost teared up from laughing reading your sig; I kept waiting for a partridge in a pear tree
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spark - you ask for honest advice and you'll usually get every angle and opinion from everyone here with the best intent. . .it is then VERY open season. I hope you laugh with us, not at yourself.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE QUESTION SEEMED SOLVED TO ME. SORRY FOR HAVING FUN. I WILL NOW GO BE BORING

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW A THREAD ABOUT DRILLIN' A ** IN THE HOOD HAS MADE IT TO A 2-PAGER;

ON TOP OF THAT. . . HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT PICTURE OF THE SILVER ** ON THE SILVER HOOD STILL POSTED?????? ARE THE MODS ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL??

MAKARA - SHAME ON YOU FOR HAVING FUN; IF YOU CAN'T HIJACK A THREAD THAT ISN'T ALREADY DEAD, YOU SHOULDN'T HIJACK ONE AT ALL

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MAYBE. .. .JUST MAYBE. . .

HOW ABOUT SOME MORE HOS. . .WHILE NOBODY SEEMS TO BE LOOKING!

HAPPY OCTOBER FOOLS DAY!!

P.S. ARE THOSE ******* FOR REAL? IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE STUFFED DAN AKROYD AND JANE CURTAIN'S CONEHEAD COSTUMES DOWN HER SHIRT!!