Has anyone bought or heard of IForged wheels ?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those 5 stars look great on that yellow vette. do they make em 6lug for vipers? i think i called em over the summer and they said they didnt make em for vipers yet.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a set of IForged Evolutions on my Z-06. They were really nice rims. I've got a set of HREs on my Viper now. The HREs are better quality, finish, etc., but the IForged were nice too.

The main problem with them was customer service. They take FOREVER to make a set of rims, from my experience. In fact, I waited over 6 months to get my set, although I had one of the first two or three sets ever made for the C5 Corvette. I don't know whether they've made a set for a Viper yet; if they have, I haven't seen it.

Christian

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to a few people today and they all seem to be happy with the Iforged wheels.

I'm going to try them...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the IForged guys came from HRE. I think they actually use the same stuff. Great looking wheels!

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are just shy of $3k for a set of 18/19s for the Vettes. I paid way less because my buddy was a dealer for them.

Twinvipers: If you want, email me and I can give you a little more feedback from my buddy's point of view.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful. I was contemplating the iforged for the NSX, but found out they weren't hub-centric and not suitable for track use. The old saying "you get what you pay for" came to fruition.

Best reagrds,

Ben

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also be prepared to wait a long time. There were know some vette owners that waited up to 6 months for their wheels. My viper was suppose to the first viper to have their wheels. After almost 2 months, they still never even had the parts to make them. I pulled the plug on the deal and bought HRE's.

Dohhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 'em on my Trans Am.

Ordered them through an online dealer, took about 6 weeks from order to delivery, had no problems.

I paid $3050 for the 4 wheels, 18" high polished all around, with a custom lip size for both front and rear.

SnakeBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the 19/20 setup on my e46 m3(iforged aeros) and loved them. They held up great and never dented or bent in over 18 months on use. It did take about two months to get the rims but it was well worth the wait. My personal opinion on the best looking viper rims are the CCW's(Split five spoke). My .02 Good luck with your decision.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On other forums the general opinions seem to be that you're better off to spend a little more $$ rather than go with iForged. Use your Google, Yahoo etc.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a price of almost 7k for HRE's and less than 4000.00 for the Iforged.

I spoke with a few people in the wheel business and they all say the wheels are made very well.

I'm going with them...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some bad experiences with Iforged. I have a friendthat ordered a set and he waited 5 or 6 months for them. I ordered a set for my z06 and backed out at the last minute. Decided to throw a set of HRE's on that one too. Four months later I get a call from Iforged saying "your wheels are ready to be shipped." I can't imagine waiting that long for a set of wheels. I hope everything works out well for you. Good looking wheels, poor service.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, think about the possibility of getting these forgeline wheels, http://www.forgeline.com/wheels/VR1.html and then have the centers powdercoated black. There is a member that races that did this to the forgelines wheels on his yellow GTS. Wheels look amazing. I wish I could find the photo of his car to show you.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie,

I am very picky with wheels. One of the reasons I am going with the Iforged is that they are the ones I like best.

I know I'm taking a chance, but I'll gamble.

Call me tomorrow about my wheels.

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Iforged wheels are not hub centric wheels. That's why they are thousands less than HRE...

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it will all work out smoothly for you. I just know how long I waited for my 18/19" set for my Z-06 and the interminable wait all of the other C5 guys went through. Maybe IForged has better customer care now...

Christian

P.S. Twinvipers: My email is: [email protected]

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Danny,

Please help me to understand the difference ?

Wheels are manufactured to center on a vehicle in one of three ways:

1. HUB – The Center bore hole of a wheel matches the hub diameter of the vehicle. This centers the wheel via the center hole rather than the lugs or hub ring. An example is HRE.

2. HUB CENTRIC RING - Hub centric rings are designed to fill in the gap between the hub of the car and the center bore of the wheel. Most wheel manufacturer’s design their wheels with a center bore large enough to fit on most cars. Therefore, since wheel manufactures make their center bore large enough to fit most cars, most wheel fitments have a gap between the hub and the center bore. This gap usually doesn't allow for the wheel to fit hub centric but rather lug centric which causes vibration. Therefore, to fill the gap and ensure the fitment is hub centric, hub rings are used. An example is Iforged and CCW.

3. LUG CENTRIC - When The Wheel Is Centered By The Bolt Holes/ Lug Nuts Of The Wheel, Rather Than By The Centre Bore. An example would be American Racing Wheels or some other junk....

Stick with your HRE Wheels......There is a difference in price for a big reason..... :smirk: