Has anyone ever hit 200 mph in a gen 1?

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does 210 in a Gen II TT RT/10 with the top off count?

yes because you were probably not wearing a seatbelt at the time either....

haha I don't remember but you're probably right :nana:

Yeah, would have gone faster but it was just a shakedown run.

Ok serious question... Why have these cars if you aren't going to hammer the living chit out of them? If you own a viper and haven't hit 175 you should grow some brass and quit being such a pansy.

btw, if I told you guys how many times i've been over 200 in the past week you'd all think I was looney :D :headbang:

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very exclusive club I see. Obviously extensive mods are needed for aero dynamics,and power. Been 160 in the viper and 180 on the bike and both were quite a rush, can't imagine 200+

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planes don't count

Nope they don't, and I haven't been on a plane in the past week anyway. All the double century runs were in a Viper.

Dubs and a few others will vouch if you think i'm just b/sin ya

And really you don't need any crazy mods. 500hp to the wheels will get it to run 200 in 5th relatively quickly. Right around 750 to the wheels and you can cruise at 200 in 6th at 4k rpm. It's an interesting feeling to say the least. :2tu:

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you guys find the space for 200mph?

You don't need as much room as you think. With a 750rwhp car you can be running at 70, hit it to 200, and be back to legal speed in 1/2 mile or so.

Note: It's not something I recommend trying unless you have some experience with the car at those kinds of speeds.

But there is something kinda neat about droping it into 6th and cruising at 4k rpm with the speedo burried. :2tu:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

But there is something kinda neat about droping it into 6th and cruising at 4k rpm with the speedo burried. :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

Is this assuming different gearing also? I always thought top speed was achieved in 5th? If you change to shorter gears for 1/4 wouldn't this lesson your top speed? I smell Bee S!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You don't need as much room as you think. With a 750rwhp car you can be running at 70, hit it to 200, and be back to legal speed in 1/2 mile or so.

Note: It's not something I recommend trying unless you have some experience with the car at those kinds of speeds.

RT/10 with roof off (not much better with it on) I do not believe 200 with 500 RWHP. It takes over 400 RWHP to reach 175. GTS yes, RT/10 no.

I hit about 173 with 420 RWHP top on with smooth side glass. That was effectively terminal speed on a large oval.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... Unless my math is wrong... you cover 1/2 mile in approx 10 seconds at 200mph

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Is this assuming different gearing also? I always thought top speed was achieved in 5th? If you change to shorter gears for 1/4 wouldn't this lesson your top speed? I smell Bee S!

[/QUOTE]

Nope stock gearing, but 5th will reach top speed with stock HP... but remember I'm talking about a car making 750+ rwhp. With a little more tire it would pull 240ish in 5th, but 6th is a great cruising gear.

RT/10 with roof off (not much better with it on) I do not believe 200 with 500 RWHP. It takes over 400 RWHP to reach 175. GTS yes, RT/10 no.

I hit about 173 with 420 RWHP top on with smooth side glass. That was effectively terminal speed on a large oval.

again, who said anything about 500rwhp? I said the car I did it in was a TT, as in twin turbo. It hit 210 faster than a stock car could touch 140.

And yes, we ran 210 in an RT/10 with the top off.

Heck I have AEM datalogs showing 205.9 from a very very mild GTS. It's amazing what these cars can do when you have the balls to hold it wide open.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planes don't count

Nope they don't, and I haven't been on a plane in the past week anyway. All the double century runs were in a Viper.

Dubs and a few others will vouch if you think i'm just b/sin ya

And really you don't need any crazy mods. 500hp to the wheels will get it to run 200 in 5th relatively quickly. Right around 750 to the wheels and you can cruise at 200 in 6th at 4k rpm. It's an interesting feeling to say the least. :2tu:

Here is where it was said that 500 RWHP can get an RT/10 to 200 mph. I call Bee S on that. I never said anything about 750 hp.