Has anyone installed 2003+ Intake on Gen II Motor

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am new to the Viper community, and am curious if anyone has tried the 2003+ intake on a Gen II (i.e 2002 GTS) motor. It 'looks' like a vast improvement, and afterall, the increased HP on the '03+ is not solely from the increased cubes.

Seems this would be an easy bolt-on. Since I'm pulling mine to put in the lower 'stat, I figured an intake swap would be POC at this time.

.....as a newbie, I just looking for a few 'bolt-on' ponies.

Thanks guys....

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gen III intake is more restrictive, designed to fit the lower hoodline. The gen III heads are a different story.

OP
OP
P

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, as it appears to be the same intake on the truck? Also with clearance issues? Anyway, the main body looks larger for a greater plenum volume, And this appears to have affected the individual runners....and like you say...perhaps in a negative manner.

Has anyone actually done testing? And the heads may be better eh? Do you know if they recast/modify the GEN II or is it more of a little clean up?

Heck, just asking, I may be very late on this topic, all you veterans may have already flogged this one to death.

Help !! <<SVS did it on the TTRS>>...man, that is freaking greek to this Viper Rookie. and the down low on the side baby...

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looked into this, you need a hood about 4 inches taller to make it fit. I believe svs is using a custom fabbed intake.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the gen II intake mated to a gen III engine makes more power and torque than a stock gen III engine because of the restrictive stock intake. Is this true?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960