Has anyone installed the Northwind seat lowerig kit?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to buy the 1" lowering kit so I can still have seat adjustments, has anyone done this installation themselves. I would like to know how difficult a job this is. I am pretty handy and have all the tools.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron:

I have one in my car. Installation was a pain in the butt because the instructions were terrible. Once I figured it out it wasn't that big a deal.

You can get an additional inch of clearence by removing the webbing under the seat cushion.

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the 1" kit as well with no problem. It really helped especially when wearing a helmet. Only took about an hour if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the 1" Northwind kit and it was pretty easy. I also did as JonB suggested and removed the visors. I'm 6'1" and it is now very comfortable and the visibility has improved considerably.

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed mine a couple of weeks ago... what a difference! Went with the 1" to maintain adjustability. I think it is actually a little more than an inch based on the amount of headroom. (believe I saw a posting where the 1" is more like 1.5" to 1.75")

Key to installation is keeping things loose until you get everything in place, then tighten down. I found it easier to mount the rails to the seat and then place in floor... instructions suggest mounting rails to floor first.

Also, had to find longer bolts to mount front to floor. NWE frame rail is a bit thicker and factory bolts were not threaded to the ends (was just catching first couple of the tapered threads and would not tighten down).

Gained more headroom; seem to have lost a little leg room!?! Seat is difficult to push back into last notch on rails due to compartment (floor to back angle) and seat size/shapes. Can also recline the seat a bit more now.