Has this ever happene to you in your Viper while parked?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I found this Video and thought to myself how many times this had happened to me.

Parking lot

I can remember sitting in my Viper parked waiting for my brother and this old lady pulls up right next to me real close. I was wondering how the hell she was going to get out of her car without hitting mine. She saw I was in the car and proceeded to get out. Wham! she opens her door and hits my Viper! I rolled down my window and proceeded to ask her what her deal was? She said I didn't hurt your car! I was turning red, but kept calm. Luckily she didn't do any damage to the paint, otherwise I would have taken up her SSI on paint repair. :D

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me a few years ago only not with my Viper. I was sitting in my brand new Jeep when this elderly woman opens her car door right into my passenger side. I got out immediately and asked her what she thought she was doing. There was a big ding in my door and I pointed it out to her. She tried to deny that she did it. I strongly convinced her to provide me with her insurance information and called them right on the spot. They paid for the fix with no hassel. I swear that some people have no respect for other people's property think door dings are part of owning a car.

Bob K

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had someone hit my door twice while I was in the car. One time it was a real elderly woman, I could tell she didn't mean it, so I let it slide.

The worst thing that happened to me was back in 2001, I took my new Durango R/T to D.C. for the first time. I had to go see a client at the MCI Arena. I got there early and parked on the street at a meter and decided to make some "catch up" calls on my cell phone.

About 1 minute later I notice a car approaching in my rear view mirror. They are signaling with the intent to parallel park in the space behind me. I noticed she was pulling into the space with the front of her car, this is the sure sign she doesn't know what the hell she is doing.

I continue talking on my cell phone and the next thing I know....WHAM! She rams into the back of my truck. I look in my mirror and her car is in the most awkward position while she attempts to parallel park. She has somehow managed to wedge her front wheels against the curb, so when she tries to back up, the car won't go. I am sort of startled in amazement at this idiot. Next thing I know...she hits my truck two more times. She had no idea I was in my truck because of the window tint.

After the third hit, I pop out of truck, go up to her window and say "Would you like me to park you car for you?, because obviously you have no clue what the fck you are doing. You can sit here and hit my truck all day long if you wish (i had the reciever on my hitch), but your radiator is going to bust if you continue hitting my hitch.

She actually got out of her car and let me park it for her.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had someone hit my door twice while I was in the car. One time it was a real elderly woman, I could tell she didn't mean it, so I let it slide.

The worst thing that happened to me was back in 2001, I took my new Durango R/T to D.C. for the first time. I had to go see a client at the MCI Arena. I got there early and parked on the street at a meter and decided to make some "catch up" calls on my cell phone.

About 1 minute later I notice a car approaching in my rear view mirror. They are signaling with the intent to parallel park in the space behind me. I noticed she was pulling into the space with the front of her car, this is the sure sign she doesn't know what the hell she is doing.

I continue talking on my cell phone and the next thing I know....WHAM! She rams into the back of my truck. I look in my mirror and her car is in the most awkward position while she attempts to parallel park. She has somehow managed to wedge her front wheels against the curb, so when she tries to back up, the car won't go. I am sort of startled in amazement at this idiot. Next thing I know...she hits my truck two more times. She had no idea I was in my truck because of the window tint.

After the third hit, I pop out of truck, go up to her window and say "Would you like me to park you car for you?, because obviously you have no clue what the fck you are doing. You can sit here and hit my truck all day long if you wish (i had the reciever on my hitch), but your radiator is going to bust if you continue hitting my hitch.

She actually got out of her car and let me park it for her.

LOL!!!

Old People! :D

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious video. Things like this have happened to me plenty of times. People are completely irresponsible in Parking lots.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the 'WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER' sticker. Like the liberal 'tolerance'. That is only if it is tolerance of their ideas.

Also, it didn't hurt the resale value of the rustang either.
This would be a good idea while waiting........Parking Lot Demolition Derby. She shops, you play.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have had people park next to my vehcicles so close that i can't even get into my drivers side door and i have to get in thru the passenger side door and climb over the center console etc. just to get in the drivers seat. this ****** me off to the max and i let them know it in a big way. i usually just spit on there windows. but i have been known to key there drivers side door up real good inscribing the word '****' real good into there paint. in these type situations i look real good for a dent in my door where they opened there door and hit my vehicle. if i see a dent they get there paint keyed up. they learn the hard way. but i bet they never do it again.

:eek:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to park your Vipers out in the lots further. I'd never park where it's crowded..

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have had people park next to my vehcicles so close that i can't even get into my drivers side door and i have to get in thru the passenger side door and climb over the center console etc. just to get in the drivers seat. this ****** me off to the max and i let them know it in a big way. i usually just spit on there windows. but i have been known to key there drivers side door up real good inscribing the word '****' real good into there paint. in these type situations i look real good for a dent in my door where they opened there door and hit my vehicle. if i see a dent they get there paint keyed up. they learn the hard way. but i bet they never do it again.

:eek:

More pure genius from Fast Freddy!

Eddie

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not viper related, but as I was walking away from my pickup years ago, kid in the car next to me opens the door and hits the truck---hard! I looked at the parents and made a comment about respecting other peoples property. No response from any of them. Fuming, I let them walk into the store and proceeded to kick in their door. I'm really not a viscous person--lol, just vindictive. John

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was great! That's why I park all the way at the end of the row. Old people are afraid to park where I park, because it's too far away. No ding's though :)

Thanks for the vid

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always park in an open area far from the store, and almost every time I come out of the store there is a redneck truck parked directly next to me, half the time with just enough room to open my door.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had a couple of close calls, but generally find an end spot where there's no trouble.

A few years ago my wife was sitting in my Daytona when a high-school age girl pulled up and dinged the door as she got out. We waited for her to return from the store, then calmly confronted her. She admitted she was sorry and asked how much to repair it--then actually followed through with writing a check and sending it in the mail! She even thanked us for maintaining composure and not going ballistic. There are some good people left out there.

Of course, writing a check to fix a Viper would probably require a deeper pocket. :rolleyes:

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me a few years ago only not with my Viper. I was sitting in my brand new Jeep when this elderly woman opens her car door right into my passenger side. I got out immediately and asked her what she thought she was doing. There was a big ding in my door and I pointed it out to her. She tried to deny that she did it. I strongly convinced her to provide me with her insurance information and called them right on the spot. They paid for the fix with no hassel. I swear that some people have no respect for other people's property think door dings are part of owning a car.

Bob K

I think Dennis Miller summeed it best this way:
"I don't think you should be allowed to drive it you are old enough to remember when there WEREN'T any cars...."

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keyed a guys entire car up and down after he parked it and hit my door.He said why I was bugging out so much when it was nothing but a little ding on the door.So I waited for tubby the whale to go shop with his fat asss ugly wife and I did a Davinci on his Porsche SUV.Oh god was it so good to key it up and down, zig zag.Now there goes your little ding tubby

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember one time I drove my moms car (thank god not the viper or I would be arrested for ******) and I come out of bestbuy and see this ricer lime green honda with a huge a$$ wing so I laugh at it to myself (because I was alone) and go to get in and see a ding on the door with some green pain so I knew it was him (must have been his passenger) so I pull outta the spot and around the parking lot until I was right in front of this POS and I had taken 1 sip out of my sobe (huge a$$ glass bottle) and I whiped it at the windshield and iced a good section of it up.

I think the fact that it was a ricer pisst me off more lol.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy?? nope--I respect others property and I expect the same. Of course, they're poor upbringing does not guarantee me the same courtesy-- soooooo I merely get even/teach them a lesson. Not crazy at all!! John the wild man!!! oh-- you can park next to me anytime.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i came out of a bar one time with a friend of mine to find some **** had blocked his truck in the parking lot with there pos car. there front of their car was directly in front of his lifted 4X4 chevy half ton truck. the only way out for us was forward. his truck has a 6 inch lift with 35 inch tires. he rammed the front of this car so hard i thought that his truck was literally gonna climb up on top of the cars hood. when the rear tires started spinnin, he dropped her into 4 low and pushed the car out of the way with his truck and we were on our way :headbang:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not viper related, but as I was walking away from my pickup years ago, kid in the car next to me opens the door and hits the truck---hard! I looked at the parents and made a comment about respecting other peoples property. No response from any of them. Fuming, I let them walk into the store and proceeded to kick in their door. I'm really not a viscous person--lol, just vindictive. John
Then why did you share your story??? lol :eek:

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my story. Stop at the Brandsmart after my Sunday drive to quickly buy I don't remember what. Some really good deal were going on TV's. After dealing seriously to get the best deal, my wife and I went out, It was already dark. Take the car back, very far from the actual building.
The day after, as I'm going for the clean up after the week end ride, I saw that:
You must be registered for see images

My heart stopped !!! and after wondering what it was, I slowly approach my finger to finally discover that it only was Lipstick...
I don't know what it meant, but I am not going close to a parking lot anymore...

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wonderfull wife was driving her new yukon and parked in the lot all by herself. She comes out with cart full of food and my 2.5yr old screaming daughter.Freezing cold and winter.Only to find someone parked on both sides of her way to close and rest of lot open.She proceeds to unload cart and daughter wind catches door and slam into side of new lexus.My wife very upset proceeds to finish up everything and waits for owner to come out of store.Not a scuff on yukon but car has green scratch and ding very visable.As the man approaches his car 30 mins later and my daughter is still screaming.My wife proceeds to tell man what happen he looks at it.And said don't worry about it.He told her if she waited that long and under those circumstances and she still stayed then it was a accident not to worry about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg