Have any of you guys re-routed your coolant overflow tube?

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While doing my suspension I noticed it dumps behind the passenger side front tire. This is a disasterous setup for drag racing, if it pukes it instantly drenches your rear tire.

Anyone routed it to somewhere in the middle of the car at all? Looking for routing ideas.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The generic solution is to route the dump into your windshield washer reservoir and secure it. And, obviously, run very little fluid in the washer tank. Dunno about how well this would work with regard to the Viper underhood geography...

Rich

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in line splice it and run it back to the rear bumper. Unless you are power adder the chances aren't great for pushing water at the dragstrip. It can be a concern but ALL cars have a overflow that dumps out that can be an issue during drag racing. Good luck and good question

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would not happen on the first run but if he is doing testing and tuning with little cool down between runs it could happen if the coolant reservoir is a bit high to begin with and/ or the spring in the reservoir cap has weakened with time so that it cannot hold the pressure. When the pressure limit is reached, fluid goes out the drain attached to the cap. And he is right. It is in a bad place. It will drip down and hit the rear right side tire. This can also happen on a road course. That is why it is a good idea to lower the level of the fluid in the reservoir before a track day. There is a prior thread on this point.

OP
OP
I

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I lifted the head on my Talon drag racing and had my overflow in front of the passenger tire, almost lost it.
Alot of cars have the overflows in the middle of the engine bay, I was surprised to see this had been overlooked while designing the Viper. But needless to say Ill be routing mine to the middle of the car somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog