Have You Noticed

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most would agree that the Gen III styling compared to the Gen I and II is more sedate, toned down. After reading posts on the Gen III forum, I think the owners reflect that toned down image, more civilized, restrained. Bring back the old styling, and dump that new, corporate styling.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think most would agree that the Gen III styling compared to the Gen I and II is more sedate, toned down. After reading posts on the Gen III forum, I think the owners reflect that toned down image, more civilized, restrained. Bring back the old styling, and dump that new, corporate styling.

Die in a Clamshell hood mishap!!!!

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Die in a Clamshell hood mishap!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, it's just a better car. The styling IS more refined, but what's wrong with that? It still looks 20 feet wide, it handles better, brakes better, has more power, more torque, the fit and finish is exponentially better.... it's a superior car in almost every way! What seems to be the problem? [******] off, you [******] ****** bag! How's that for restrained? ;)

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE (What bob meant to say, his own words)
"I think most would agree that Gen I and II is more sedat,toned down. After reading posts on the Gen III forum, I agree,dump that old styling"

Good for you BOB :2tu:

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more man.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When GM wanted a better car, they picked a GENIII car to copy, they simply wanted the best.
You must be registered for see images

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike:

Your Mamba is an export model? (British?)

They once referred to the Harley Davidson Sportster as "Half a Harley."

Z06: Half a Viper

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you say the SRT is bland? Not even close! It's just got more contemporary styling! Bland my ass!

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying it looks bland in general. I'm saying bland compared to the gen II and other exotics of the '90s. It's not just the viper though, it seems most cars are going in that direction.

For example, look at the Ferrari 512-TR compared to the 575, Diablo compared to the Gallardo, C5 compared to C6. All of the cars mentioned are nice looking, but the older cars were just more wild like an exotic should be.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

BigCarrot, I love you too..............But I still wont sell you my wheels...LOL

Ps It only took me a year to change my avatar, I think it is your turn now. Let everyone see that Blown ASP of yours. :D

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Styling is more refined' is a just a more nicely worded way of saying more bland.

Ok kid..keep driving your 98 in the snow!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Styling is more refined' is a just a more nicely worded way of saying more bland.

Ok kid..keep driving your 98 in the snow!

Please tell me you cleared your driveway free of snow and had the snowplows pass your house and your house only! :eek: (and they tell me how to control the throttle and you just passed the laws of traction. :D )

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

Change your Avatar already. Your new car is very cool.

My bologna has a first name, and it's William. I've never gone by that or Bill. Call me Crockett! It's my middle name, and what everyone that doesn't call me Carrot calls me. I honestly haven't taken any pics of the new car yet. I figured rather than take pics of "just another SRT", I'd get it all prettied up the way I want it, and then take it's picture. I still have a soft spot for the ACR, so I'll leave it there until I get some good shots. ;)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GTS and an SRT and most people like my SRT better. I get just as much looks and thumbs up with the SRT.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GTS and an SRT and most people like my SRT better. I get just as much looks and thumbs up with the SRT.
That's because it is yellow and black. Maybe they are just trying to cover their eyes... :2tu:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really sad how some GEN I & II people are always crying out for help, Have you noticed how they're always hanging around here ? It seems they can't get enough of the SRT...Will you help them ? Please ?

IN YOUR FACE.....