Header clearance?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was on a lift today changing the tranny and rear end fluids and I noticed that the stock header maniford on the passenger side had a big dent in the back cylinder. Looked like whoever put the rebuilt motor in banged it on the frame rail and the back cylinder header tube took the brunt of it. Its no little dent either, more than half of the diameter of the tube is bent in.

Questions, what is this doing power wise and anyone have pics of the stock exhaust manifolds on the passenger side on the car from underneath?

Thanks,

Steve

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How close is the dent to the flange that bolts up to the head? If you took the header off would you be able to access the dent thru the opening at the flange? It certainly can't be doing any good with one pipe closed off 50%. I once fixed a large dent in a header pipe by welding a round ball to the end of an air chisel, heated up the pipe red hot, then used the air chisel to work the dent out. This worked surprisingly well!!

Bo knows

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about THESE dents?

3114DSCN0988-med.JPG

Dodge notched them to clear the frame. I also thought someone sold me crap when I got these in mail :curse:
:D But thats just the way they are.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang