header dent

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my headers Saturday and afer inspecting them I found a small dent in the area indicated by the arrow. Will this cause any problems/issues? I got a pretty good deal on them so I hate to send them back and I'm VERY sure the seller did NOT know it was there. The dent is right passed the bend on cylinder #2. I just used this pic to show the location.

picture.php

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not actual photo, just one I used to get an idea. I'll take pic of actual tonight when I get home. Headers are for Gen4.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any body shop should have the stick-type welders they use to pull dents from steel panels....I think its a long-shot that they'd have them in stainless steel for a good weld, but maybe a shop could try for less than an hour.

Otherwise, you could always try to work the dent out yourself working around the edges of the dent with something with a rounded tip (maybe grind some rebar round at the tip) and hope that you're able to pop it back out.

Regards,
Aaron

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That probably won't make any difference. Old school fix for bad dents: Use a hack saw to cut through dented squashed section partialy or fully. Pull apppart or open partway. Make round. weld. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The spokes on my Big Wheel look worse than that and I can still haul in that thing so man up and bolt 'em.

Well Dave, coming from you I feel no need to worry. Thanks everyone:2tu: Now I need to get a 3" to 2-1/2" adapter to run the stock mufflers. These came with 3" in and out high flows.

I did read that one way to fix a dent like this is to heat the dented area cherry red and push a steel ball the diameter of the tube through the pipe and that roundness of the ball will push the dent out. I don't think I'll go to that much trouble if it's not needed.
Thanks again,
Murray

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it will not cause any problems, those are subtle dents and those pipes are probably larger than the exhaust valve the air is coming out of anyways

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well Dave, coming from you I feel no need to worry. Thanks everyone:2tu: Now I need to get a 3" to 2-1/2" adapter to run the stock mufflers. These came with 3" in and out high flows.

I did read that one way to fix a dent like this is to heat the dented area cherry red and push a steel ball the diameter of the tube through the pipe and that roundness of the ball will push the dent out. I don't think I'll go to that much trouble if it's not needed.
Thanks again,
Murray

You're going to be bottlenecking your exhaust... Isn't that bad?

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're going to be bottlenecking your exhaust... Isn't that bad?

Not sure? The stock system (Gen 3&4) goes from 3" to 2-1/2 right after the second cat. I know Woodhouse makes an adapter for customers having Belanger's installed and are able to run the OEM stock mufflers and Bernie at Tomball also said he has customer that installed headers and wanted stock 2-1/2 OEM mufflers. I think Willie P has these headers and is running OEM mufflers.

The BBG/American Racing headers come with either 2-1/2" or 3" high flow cats outlets. Mine (one time buy from vendor)just happened to come with 3" and I want to run the stock mufflers, 2-1/2".

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a hammer and smack a dent in the other one and tell people its a performance tune:D

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure? The stock system (Gen 3&4) goes from 3" to 2-1/2 right after the second cat. I know Woodhouse makes an adapter for customers having Belanger's installed and are able to run the OEM stock mufflers and Bernie at Tomball also said he has customer that installed headers and wanted stock 2-1/2 OEM mufflers. I think Willie P has these headers and is running OEM mufflers.

The BBG/American Racing headers come with either 2-1/2" or 3" high flow cats outlets. Mine (one time buy from vendor)just happened to come with 3" and I want to run the stock mufflers, 2-1/2".

Seriously?! I had no idea!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow VCA Members Domestic & Abroad,

We want to chime in here to state facts only:

I have been handling issues with VCA members over the past several months with problems they are having with Chinese copies of our OEM ACRX Headers. Consumers have been misled into purchasing these headers under the impression that they are getting a great deal on a real American Racing Headers product only to be surprised, angered & completely unhappy with a poor attempt at good old American Header Technology! Keep in mind our Viper ACRX =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Headers are manufactured to the highest domestic standards utilizing U.S. 304 stainless steel and state of the art bending equipment.

Please note that the Ebay photos of the ACRX headers are showing a photograph of our 5 into 1 merge collector "NOT" the Chinese collector which has misled (Dooped) the consumer with out doubt into purchasing a set!

I highly recommend that anyone who has purchased a set of these headers contact me directly and discuss our resolution program. I will definetly help you resolve your current delema and put you into a set of the "Real Deal" ACRX Headers (for that needed piece of mind).

Thanks for your consideration,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President
[email protected]
(916) 505-9026

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Below is what a Fellow VCA Member recieved when his shipment arrived just recently:

Primary Tubes with Chinese version of precision port work? Definetly Sub-Standard!

Collector with a NON-FUNCTIONING SPIKE! Very Crued looking & we have no clue what this is? It's definetly not from any racing technology that we have ever seen!

Another picture of the NON-FUNCTIONING Collector?

Another primary tube with Chinese Version of precision port work! Again Sub-Standard!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang