Header installed Check engine light

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had B&B headers installed, random cats, and random tech muffler installed and Check Engine light came on. I scanned the car today and it reads code 0171, left bank running lean? I am going to reset the computer. Anyone has come across this problem???

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had the same issue, not on a Viper, but theory should be the same... Check to see if there is a leak in the exhaust ahead of the rear cat, you may be sucking air which fools the computer into a false lean state. If you hold smoke or a flame up to the joints it's fairly easy to see a "pulling". Check to make sure all the clamps are tight and the bolts are 90* off of the slots in the pipes. Also you may smell extra fuel after shut down or even a idle b/c the computer is trying to en-richen the mixture.

OP
OP
D

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have a leak, one the the header bolt was not tight enough on the passenger side. I fixed tat, but, the code is still there. The code reader says it's left bank leaning out. Which left though??(pass or driver side) Any ideas, Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32