Header installed Check engine light

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had B&B headers installed, random cats, and random tech muffler installed and Check Engine light came on. I scanned the car today and it reads code 0171, left bank running lean? I am going to reset the computer. Anyone has come across this problem???

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had the same issue, not on a Viper, but theory should be the same... Check to see if there is a leak in the exhaust ahead of the rear cat, you may be sucking air which fools the computer into a false lean state. If you hold smoke or a flame up to the joints it's fairly easy to see a "pulling". Check to make sure all the clamps are tight and the bolts are 90* off of the slots in the pipes. Also you may smell extra fuel after shut down or even a idle b/c the computer is trying to en-richen the mixture.

OP
OP
D

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have a leak, one the the header bolt was not tight enough on the passenger side. I fixed tat, but, the code is still there. The code reader says it's left bank leaning out. Which left though??(pass or driver side) Any ideas, Thanks.