Heading over to Plasan, does anyone have a question?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprise!

I've been currently staying in Vermont for the last week until Wed. I may stop at Tators on the way home.

Anyway, when I went to Ohio for Mopar Nats I took Maurices book with me and read the rest of it on the flight out. I learned that the carbon parts for the Viper are being made in Bennington, about an hour south of where my place is in Killington. So I reached out to Plasan and they are going to allow me to come over and give me a tour.

I figured while I'm at it, I may be able to ask a few questions for you guys. The only thing I ask is that the questions be short and I'll see what answers I can get.

--RS

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been answered yet, so maybe ask these:

- For 2014 when someone orders a GTS with the base 6 vent hood will they get full stripes over the nose or the same stripes as the 2013 base?
- For 2014 when someone orders a GTS with the body color rear panel instead of the black panel the '13s have today will stripes be painted on it? And if not what will be done with the stripes?

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been answered yet, so maybe ask these:

- For 2014 when someone orders a GTS with the base 6 vent hood will they get full stripes over the nose or the same stripes as the 2013 base?
- For 2014 when someone orders a GTS with the body color rear panel instead of the black panel the '13s have today will stripes be painted on it? And if not what will be done with the stripes?

Those would be questions for "Prefix" who paints the body parts, but ultimately SRT who directs what Prefix does...
Plasan manufactures the hoods and does not get involved in paint work design dicisions..

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those would be questions for "Prefix" who paints the body parts, but ultimately SRT who directs what Prefix does...
Plasan manufactures the hoods and does not get involved in paint work design dicisions..

Oops! I read the company name too quickly!

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask them the difference between CFRP and 100% full carbon fiber so that it will put an end to all the wanna be experts who want to argue.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask them if they made the hood vent that popped off of the Motor trend tester car .....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960