Headlamp moisture problems!

acarr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,
Has anyone seen this? After having BOTH headlamps replaced by dealer for moisture inside lenscover the pasgr side is STILL showing moisture. It happens only when the lights are on. It goes away after 15 minutes or so when I shut the lights off. Is this a trial & error until I get 2 that are good? I can hardly believe that I have another one thats bad, but it looks that way.
Any ideas???

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed this on my passenger side also. Driver's side seems A-OK.

I will probably wait until winter and then address it. Right now I can't stand the thought of leaving the car anywhere for a few days to get this fixed, or a service tech fouling something up during great driving weather.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My left one doe's this, wouldn't really mind it since I don't drive in the rain, but it will sort of decay the inside of the light after a while. I really hate having to take it in for that.

Make sure and look at the rubber trim around the light before you take it in, and expect it to be perfect when you get it back. Very often they mess this up when putting the new light in. Point this out to them before they change it, or they may say, oh that was like that when you brought it in. This really seems to be a problem with American cars of all types, but I did have a pretty new Q-45 do this.

Skip White

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I have taken to doing a video at the time of leaving the car so the dealer cannot deny their responsibility. May be going over board, but I don't know what else to do.

OP
OP
A

acarr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, I guess i'll try and replace the psgr side and maybe get two that work! really really bugs me to have an 80K sports car have headlamps that dont seal.
Skip - yes I had to point out that one side wasnt perfect after the tech r&r the lamp, but then made it perfect as before. The dealer allows me to observe all work on my viper, so I dont have a problem with piddly things that need attention.
thanks,
allen

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only washed my car one time in since new. Didn't notice any headlight moisture but did notice tail light moisture on mine. Both sides.

Bob

AndyP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 and both of my head lights are in need of replacing, my dealer is checking with viper tech group. hope theyt replace it, Andy :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96