Heard the Tomahawk rev its engine in Carlisle - WOW!!!!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I know what you're saying.... Big deal, it's only a Viper motor. Funny thing is, it sounded NOTHING like a Viper. I can only describe the sound as the MEANEST thing I have ever heard. At idle and while revving.

So I ask one of the engineers how the h*ll he made a Viper motor sound that incredible/mean? He said custom headers and no mufflers. OK. I've heard tens of Vipers with headers/no exhaust, and they sounded NOTHING like this. Not nearly as mean/deep/powerful. So I decide to crawl on the ground and look under the bike. Here's what I found: Custom headers off the motor, which merge into 'one' pipe. This one large pipe then splits into a custom exhaust tip, that looks like two vertical strips about an inch wide and 6 inches tall.

So why does this bike sound so incredible? My only explanation is the headers merging into one pipe right after the collectors. Maybe this evens out the pulses and give it a unique sound. No bends in the exhaust pipes may have helped as well. In any case, if you guys heard this thing, you would be dreaming about your Viper sounding like this..... Better sound than ANYTHING I have ever heard, including all Ferrari's, Lambo's, Big Blocks, High revving small blocks, etc....

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I heard that thing and ran over to get a close up. Amazing sound indeed. :2tu:

I have pictures posted HERE

You must be registered for see images

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. That thing sounded so good. When I first heard it, I said "What the hell is that". Then I went to go see and saw that it was HELL on wheels. What a bad bike!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever 'driven' the beast? Every Video I have seen on the bike only show it going 10-20 mph. Someone with ballz please take that thing for a spin and video it so we can all hear and see what it'll do!

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw something on either disocvery channel or history channel on the history of motorcycles where they do a five minute review on the Tomahawk. Someone is driving it where they open it up for 3 seconds it just absolutely blazed the tires and sounds unreal! Its a real must see!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 2 - 15sec MPEGs of the Tomahawk being revved a bit by one of its' builders. I'll try and get them on the net later today so people can hear it :)

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the exhaust is?

Both headers merge into one 3.5 or 4 inch diameter pipe. This pipe is about 12 inches long, and runs in the center/bottom of bike (look at red highlight). Then it empties into this custom exhaust tip that runs between the rear wheels. IMO, the exhaust tip does not effect the sound much, it is just there for show and to fit the flow of the bike.

2089Tomahawk2.jpg

2089tomahawk6-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude