Heat wrap?

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone tried header wrap on their headers? I was thinking of wrapping the headers all the way down the side sills of my gts. Sill temp near front edge of door is 300 degrees.
Any ideas?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my headers 2000 Deg Jet Hot coated...I then used header wrap for the pipes inside the side sills...even installed some additional heat shielding on my High Flow Cats...

Header wrap is actually kind of a pain installed vertically on the headers...It will loosen up...looks terrible...should work great in the side sills...I hope...and ya can't see it!

Now, I haven't run my car since these installs...as there is at least a foot of snow everywhere...but I am anticipating alot more heat coming out the back, as opposed to staying under my hood and side sills....

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple of things put out by HEATSHIELD PRODUCTS.
They make a Reflect-A-Shield - kind of a flexible padded shield -
it a padded flexible shield that can be 'molded' into hard-to-fit areas.
It says it's good for 1000F radiant or 400F direct. - 14" x 20" is about $50

Reaction score
I had my headers 2000 Deg Jet Hot coated...I then used header wrap for the pipes inside the side sills...even installed some additional heat shielding on my High Flow Cats...

Header wrap is actually kind of a pain installed vertically on the headers...It will loosen up...looks terrible...should work great in the side sills...I hope...and ya can't see it!

Now, I haven't run my car since these installs...as there is at least a foot of snow everywhere...but I am anticipating alot more heat coming out the back, as opposed to staying under my hood and side sills....

A word of CAUTION here. You might want to re-consider wrapping your cats and sills. You can heat dammage your cats by wrapping them, and sills have been known to catch fire when wrapped! Anyone els have some input here like Lee Dove or Jon B ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc