Heffner Car

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading all the post's about the VOI racing I find it hard to believe with all the butt kissing going on everyone seemed to forget to mention Gary Almonds Heffner Supercharged Level one blower car. Well being at the race and driving the car I can say this: Heffner's car was the only supercharged car left in eliminations when the race was called and was the only car in the whole show that ran 10's on radials the best being 10.74 at 134.34 with a 1.80 short time obviously leaving many tenths on the table by not being able to run slicks.Oh and by the way this was a 9psi blower package without any nitrous assistance or intercooler with an installed price of about 10k which not only makes it the last supercharged car standing, but the best bang for the buck as well.Now I can see how all this could be so easily forgotten because Jason does not have any lobbyist on the payroll or a fan club following him around.I really did not want to have to be the one writing this but the b.s. was overwhelming me and there seems to be a problem giving credit where its due, and it was definately due here!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this setup be used with stock cast piston cars? More details needed..... Fuel system upgrades? does 10 g's include headers, exhaust, fuel system upgrades (if used), throttle bodies (if used), etc... Basically, what do you get for the 10 g's? And can a cast piston car handle 9 PSI?

Thanks

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,

Is GaryA's car stock except for the supercharger? I mean does it have a cat-back? Rockers? headers? What *exactly* (if anything) does it have besides the blower?

Roe's package is $6k... we haven't seen any performance numbers on a totally stock Viper with Roe's package, but at $6k it would appear to be the best bang for the buck, with Heffners performing better at a $4k premium.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Mike I don't want to speak about what gary's car does or does not have, because I am not an expert on Gary's car, but I am sure Jason will give specifics if you ask him. Now that being said my car which you did see run at englishtown with your own eyes, runs similar times to gary and is bone stock with rockers only and 6psi my installed price was under 10k INSTALLED with an upgraded fuel system, I think you forgot to mention INSTALLED in your price quote.The roe car at the shootout, if you read a reply by someone from texas, they said it also had a motor done and it didn't run the numbers with slicks that I ran with radials.Now that being said I thought the Roe Charger looked great and ran good, my main point was it seemed to me that after reading all the posts everyone put on the board they all forgot to even mention one of the fastest cars at the shootout and the only supercharged car that had not been eliminated. Jason works just as hard as anyone else and deserves the credit that is so readily handed out to tuner cars that claim giant numbers on the dyno and then can't match them at the track, especially when his always do.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met Jamie and Jason...they were very cool. Those guys were having fun. That car Jamie was driving was fast and well done. I am glad I went....I met some COOL Viper FANS. GB3

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer the questions: the said price of 10K only includes the supercharger system, installation, dyno time, 10 second guarantee and a one year warranty. I will not install a 9 psi system on a cast piston car, as a matter of fact I won't install any blower on a cast piston car. Gary's car does have headers, rockers, forged pistons and a cat back system. It gets the same gas mileage that it did when it was stock unless he's laying into it.

I think the point that Jamie was trying to make was the fact that some guys have very selective memories, some in fact are living in their on little worlds. It seems to me that to most unpartial people it would be hard to forget the only car in mod 2 running on Michelin Pilots and consistently running deep in the 10s would be hard to forget but some want to pretend that that car wasn't there.

This kit is more expensive than Sean Roes system. That's why the base system starts at 7K.

I don't believe I heard anyone comparing this system to anyone elses or putting down any other tuners cars. I think Jamie was just trying to give some much appreciated credit. I hope this is OK with everyone as noone seems to mind other peoples customers expressing their excitement.

George it was great to meet you also. That LPE car of yours was by far the fastest street car in attendance. Before anyone else argues that point I woud like to define street car: nice quiet driveable car running solely on pump gas. Can anyone argue that a stock looking quiet naturally aspirated car running 10.2s at 137 mph is awesome? Please correct me if my numbers are off. I hope we can get together again and do some racing.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway you slice it, it sounds like Heffner builds high quality, fast cars that show up and peform great. Hats off to you! Keep up the good work. Your efforts help push the limits (are there any) of Viper performance!
-Wayne

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jason for clearing up the additional mods to Gary's car that produced these times in conjunction with the supercharger. I know Roe's car also had additional mods, but we don't yet know what they were. Hopefully SW will chime in and let us know.

The bottom line with ANY tuner car is that you gotta just throw out the numbers and let the car speak for itself. I'm sure there were alot of folks at the event that saw the Heffner supercharged car and are very interested in learning more, and here that info is on this site.

I dont think there is any conspiracy or a$$ kissing going on - you don't hear much from people with Heffner supercharged cars whereas you hear alot about the Roe and Levin cars.. but I will say I was not aware there was a 10-second guarantee or a 1 year warranty involved so maybe that info needs to get out there better?

Just trying to help. 4mph is a LOT on drag racing... if the kit is $7k and is making 4mph more on the car than the $6k kit, that is a *big* difference when you consider that it comes with a warranty and timeslip guarantee.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason when you back up your promise that's not bragging but stating the facts. Remember when i asked why your number were that low your answer was i am not sure about other tuners numbers, but our cars perform. Well you showed me by the performance of GaryA car, numbers do not always tell the story. JOB WELL DONE, OVER THE WINTER I MUST INSTALL THE PUSHRODS I GOT FROM YOU.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

Believe me, I feel your frustration. My own customer, Lee Saunders who has a 96 GTS with just headers/nitrous/heads is still alive in Unlimited, but none of the curators can seem to remember this fact. He took down the Venom 1000 TT just before the rain came. His car runs consistant 10.20's at 138-140mph and they drive it back and forth from florida to virginia several times a year...THATS A STREET CAR FOLKS!!

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike I don't want to debate here , but base price is a very loosly used word priceing can have alot of things excluded like installation and fuel upgrade and so forth.My car did not have headers and exhaust and runs those times so those extra's might not be necessary to everyone just an option, my car has the base of the base and has gone 10.50 on et streets.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
The roe car at the shootout, if you read a reply by someone from texas, they said it also had a motor done and it didn't run the numbers with slicks that I ran with radials.Now that being said I thought the Roe Charger looked great and ran good, my main point was it seemed to me that after reading all the posts everyone put on the board they all forgot to even mention one of the fastest cars at the shootout and the only supercharged car that had not been eliminated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want to answer for SW, but I did speak with him extensively over this past week. I believe his car has a stock bottom end and stock heads. He is running the 70mm throttle bodies, T&D's, headers, exhaust, and seans modified air box. I dont remember if he is running cats or not. The total cost of the kit with the 70mm TB's and modified air box is around $7300.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
[satire]

10 second guarantee? Thats not very long! What if it blows up on the way home?
laugh.gif

[/satire]

Kudos to Jason Heffner, Sean Roe, and Doug Levin.

Did I miss anyone?

You all are doing a great service to the Viper community.

The name of Jason Heffner certainly will be remembered by this Viper owner as a first-rate supercharger source. Congrats!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Origionally posted by Vic;
10 second guarantee? Thats not very long! What if it blows up on the way home?

Darn it Vic, I was hoping noone would catch that!
laughing2[1].gif

Thanks for the compliment.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffner's car was the only supercharged car left in eliminations when the race was called and was the only car in the whole show that ran 10's on radials the best being 10.74 at 134.34 with a 1.80

My car was still in the eliminations!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from VOI and caught this thread. Jason is a well kept secret to those of us in the Mid Atlantic Region. He is not as well known as Doug Levin or Sean Roe at this point, and I have the highest respect for Doug and Sean, But I would strongly recommend that anyone shopping a supercharger mod. talk to Jason as well as Sean and Doug. Jason offers the same performance INSTALLED for a very competitive price. I will make a prediction, Jason's name will be as well known as Sean's or Doug's or even that other guy in Texas in a few years. If you are gonna talk superchargers or other mods. you owe it to yourself to include the not so well known ..YET... Jason on your list of phone calls before making a decision.

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc Roof if I didn't know better I would think you are trying to throw a little flame, if you were still in there too, good for you. I think any reasonable person could see I was not infurring anything to your car if they read this thread and its point.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie - No flame intended! You just keep saying there was only one S/C car left. Actually there is 2. I hope we can race someday soon. JUST FOR FUN! I think everyone would agree that both cars are great!

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I knew I was the only one but you corrected me, I wasn't aware I had stated this multiple times, either way I agree there both good cars.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for Jason. His cars run strong and long. I saw Jamie and Jason first the first time in Englishtown 2 years ago. Jamies' car was fast and has proven reliable. Not to mention Jason is a honest straight forward guy. The Viper world has greatly improved with the addition of new tuners like Jason, Doug Levin and Sean Roe. Prices are more reasonable and they all provide excellent service.

HATS off to all 3

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 56 laps with my Heffner Supercharged car on Sat, and it ran great, I have it all on video. I was hitting 125-30 on the front bank, and 100-05 on the back bank. The instructors had some great compliments for the take off and acceleration and sound.. The Stop Tech Brakes are incredible!
I wish I could have made the drags, next time!

Mark,,

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mark, I can't wait to see that video. Sean please stop calling me Mr., it makes me feel old.
laugh.gif
. I had no idea how much fun this event would be. One thing's for sure, there will be a lot more Heffner cars in attendance the next time around.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to commit on Lee Saunders and his car. He changes tires on the car and road races the same car. I do not know how many unlimited cars & drivers have the capability to be completive in both fields.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason Heffner has done a great job with his supercharger system, and the numbers and times speak for themselves. He is finalizing work on the intercooler, and the customer can have either an air to air or an air to water intercooler. Keep up the great work Jason. You're very talented, and you have a terrific supercharger/intercooler system.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason! wazzup? Tell us about the intercooler wif the water in it. We want to know.....how fast can we go? Give us some info on all 3 set ups. No cooler...10.50?....air to air...10.30?....water to cool...10.????????Tell us MANG! GB3