Heffner Twin Turbo..how much?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll save yourself some time and get more accurate info if you just call Jason and talk to him. There are several things to consider, such as whether you're talking about the upcoming DIY system or his existing system, as well as how much it's going to cost to change out your pistons and what else you want to do at the same time. I doubt Jason will advise anyone to add either TT setup to a stock '01 without a piston change.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure you have to change the pistons? Somebody on the board "claims" that the stock pistons can handle all the extra boost and cylinder pressure no matter what all of these tuners say.
You must be registered for see images attach

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason won't touch a creampuff unless the pistons are swapped. And it's NOT worth the risk to yourself or him, IMO.

Give him a call! There is NOT a better tuner out there! :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez...forgive me for conducting a cost/benefit analysis..if you HAVE to ask...whatever. I am sure money grows on trees for you guys.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez...forgive me for conducting a cost/benefit analysis..if you HAVE to ask...whatever. I am sure money grows on trees for you guys.

Actually my money grows underground, like a potato. The problem is, I can't seem to dig up enough of it lately, which is why I don't have a Heffner Twin Turbo setup. :2tu:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

***? Is it that time of month for you? These guys are trying to help you.
You question is damn vague. It's kind of like asking "how much do I need to save to buy a new car".

Call Jason!! YOu could spend 10k to 50k for all I know. Now grow some skin and move on man.. ;)

Gerald

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you want a tissue... or maybe a ******???? stupid questions get stupid answers. Did ya ever think to call Jason, or heck even look at his wep site?

Pretty clearly says pricing STARTS at $30k
http://www.heffnersperformance.com/twinturbo-package.html

Like I said... If you have to ask

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald...trying to help? Exactly where is "If you've got to ask" being helpful?

Wow...friendly board. Thanks for the useful info. Thought I was asking a simple question and I get flamed. I can take whatever [******] you send my way. Bring it on.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...friendly board. Thanks for the useful info. Thought I was asking a simple question and I get flamed. I can take whatever [******] you send my way. Bring it on.

Just be glad that you didn't ask the question at the Alley site....

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn what a little ***** :rolleyes:

The cost will be exactly 10,478 dollars and 57 cents, sorry if I am off by a penny or two. Some folks on this site may have extra $$ for this, I do not. People here will help you out as much as possible but you need to put forth effort too. You question doesn't warrent an exact answer, there are variables

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matthew...I understand there are variables. I am new to this (I know...that's obvious). Folks just can't seem to cut a new guy some slack. A few people talk about Jason, Jason...I don't know Jason. I have just heard the term Heffner Twin Turbo and have heard a lot of good things about it, so I thought I would ask the question. Then people get their ******* in a *** when a new guy asks the question. My apologies if I offended anyone with my obviously uninformed question :eek:

Anaconda...that is EXACTLY why I didn't ask that question in Viper Alley. I know that it is much more of a "spirited" board. I had heard that this board was more willing to answer questions in a respectful way...oh well, live and learn.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure you have to change the pistons? Somebody on the board "claims" that the stock pistons can handle all the extra boost and cylinder pressure no matter what all of these tuners say.

ITs not that the pistons are weak. Contrary to pipular belief people think Hyper-eautectic sp? are inferior. Well the Supra boys with the stock bottom ends making 800-1000rwhp all run hyper-utectic pistons. The problem on the creampuffs is how high the rings are on the piston. The rings are infact very high for emissions purposes mainly, and that little area between the top ring and the pistons cannot cope well with the heat from the shear amount of power and any detonation.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for clarifying that Tom, I understand it a little better. And as far as you are concerned Todd, don't take any of what others said to personally. You were very vague in your question. Some setups are more than others. More than likely you will need some engine work done, possibly half shafts, new tires, etc. etc. It is like saying, "how much is that car?" If nobody knows what kind of car you are talking about, it is kind of hard to give you a price.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
410-766-2800

This is the number that will save you all the hassles here! :D

P.S. ask for Jason. He's the owner of this shop! :p

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...yep, the last name clears it up :D

I'll try to be a bit more exacting in future questions.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ITs not that the pistons are weak. Contrary to pipular belief people think Hyper-eautectic sp? are inferior. Well the Supra boys with the stock bottom ends making 800-1000rwhp all run hyper-utectic pistons. The problem on the creampuffs is how high the rings are on the piston. The rings are infact very high for emissions purposes mainly, and that little area between the top ring and the pistons cannot cope well with the heat from the shear amount of power and any detonation.

cast piston has 4.1 mm(0.16 inches) of material from the top to the first ring

forged has 6.85 mm(0.27 inches) of material(nearly 2/3 more material)

Like Tom said this is the main difference. If the cast had that much material most would still be running them

John

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree it's a hell of a deal, and one **** ass bumble bee at that.

Does Eric still have his red TT for sale? That was one sweet ride as well.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cast piston has 4.1 mm(0.16 inches) of material from the top to the first ring

forged has 6.85 mm(0.27 inches) of material(nearly 2/3 more material)

Like Tom said this is the main difference. If the cast had that much material most would still be running them

John

They moved the top ring up to help reduce unburned air-fuel mix which gets traped between the piston and the cylinder wall. You can expect to see this in all future engines too. :(

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you buy now you might regret it, there seems to be quite a few lower cost TT kits coming out in the near future, IMO 35K for a TT kit is just insane, What are we talking about here other that the standard Viper tax? 2 manifolds, 2 wastegates, 2 turbos, intercooler, IC pipes, Exhaust downpipes, AEM, Fuel system.. thats about it. 35K for this?? In the Supra world you can buy a HKS Twin Turbo kit for under 8 grand, and that is on the high side. I built a single turbo kit, fuel, and intercooler system for my car making over 800 HP for under $5,000.00.. I think Paolo's kit will be one to watch, for now I'm sticking with my Roe Supercharger, its the best bang for the buck going.
I would call Paolo,I called him once and left a message, he called me back and emailed me immediatly, very nice guy.