HEFFNER TWIN TURBO SRT-10 AT THE TRACK ON STREET TIRES (VIDEO)...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to take my SRT to the track to get a little seat time in before the weekend. I told myself that a 10 anything on 20" street tires would be pretty good. Well, this is video of my 3rd and 6th(last of the day) passes ever in the car.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO

The first pass was on wastegate springs, and the second was with a little more boost added. I still have a long way to go with the launch. With a good 60' I think there is another 3 or 4 tenths in this car. I also forgot my damn tire pressure gage, so these passes were made on 35-40 PSI in the tires. I'm sure I am not consistent enough to be competitive in the street tire class, but I would like to get close to the record (A 10.40 something?). This is going to be a blast. See you guys there.

BTW, thanks a ton Tony A for taping for me. :2tu:
You must be registered for see images

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The record is 10.43 by yous truly on Pilots. The mph was 147 and change.

The v-10 national website incorrectly lists 9.66 as the record but the webmaster had mistaken DRAG RADIALS for stock tires.

10's on stock tires is an accomplishment...anything in the 10's.

To my knowledge there is not going to be a "stock tire" class this weekend, but a "radial tire" class which probably includes the very sticky drag radials. I cannot get an answer about this from whoever is in charge. If drag radials are present, you better run deep in the 9's to be competitive.

JEDI

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary-

That is one bad a*$ ride man!!! I wish I could see it in Bradenton.....I won't be able to make the trip due to a business conflict, but the rest of the Ohio crew will be there. Have a blast man...can't wait to see your numbers.

Good Luck Dude..

Chad :2tu:

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! On the last one it seemed like you hooked up better, but ya gotta work on your RT! Good luck this weekend at Bradenton :2tu:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice Gary, I can't wait to see the FE though, can you give us a peak at the progress???

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's got a FE in the works now too? Is he doing some "secret" stuff to that one?

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice....thanks for the pictures!!
I will be there Saturday, I'm meeting up w/ Dixiesnake and
us two SRT-10 blacks will be heading down 75 from Tampa about 8:00 am.
I look foward to seeing that puppy.

Mike

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday morning it is going to be a frigid 50 degrees. Some cold weather has sneaked in from Yankeeland. :2tu: Car looks awesome Gary. I will call you tomorrow night.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Viperchad- I was looking forward to hanging out again. Sorry you won't be able to make it. See you at the next event. Tell your pop I said hello.

Casey111- I was not concerned with the RT. This was my first time driving the car with the new setup. I was trying to get a feel for the new clutch and power delivery. Once I get the launch down, I will start working on my RT.

Mike- I look forward to getting together.
:2tu:

Viper D- At the very end of the track the car sees 4 figure rw power for about one second. At speed, this car is going to be a monster. Hello Turbo Busas!!

Rich- I am looking forward to getting you hooked on turbos!! See you on Fri morning.

Jayson- See you there.

1TONY1- Thanks for everything. This is going to be a great weekend.

Anyone who is on the fence about going should definitely come on down. We are going to have a blast!! See you all there.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking car and F-ing fast. :cool: Thats great! Thanks :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte