Help a french guy

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Excuse me for my bad english :(

I live in Paris (France).

I have just bought a Viper SRT 10 (2006). I want to install a GPS Pioneer double Din (Avic-F10BT). Where can i buy a custom dash with Double Din "hole" for my Viper ?

Thanks for your help. Because in France, nobody can help me :dunno:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations on your viper purchase

sorry i can't help with the din question, i'm sure you will get helpful replies soon,

but if you could tell what kind of reactions do you get in paris driving a viper

thanks

:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Double Din??? If you're referring to the Pioneer that was designed to replace double factory units like the Infinity and Computer controlled stereos in Daytonas and Stealth TTs ...
You must be registered for see images

the bad news is that it doesn't fit into a single slot. I bought this to replace my stock Cassette/CD players in my Stealth TT and comply with the new Prov laws requiring Blue Tooth technology in every car ot NO phone, ipod etc.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB does have dashboards and everything else imaginable.

I've visited a couple of his warehouses and seen pallets of dashboards, wheels, quarter panels, etc etc.

Ted

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd call JonB at PartsRack.com - Home

(as stated above) If he doesnt have it, I bet he can direct you to someone who does, or tell you what to do.

Nous te souhaitons la bonne chance

OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but if you could tell what kind of reactions do you get in paris driving a viper

thanks

Here are reactions of people in Paris when i drive my Viper :drive:

:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

I have already order some parts at Parts Rack : Corsa exhaust, Foot pedal kit and cupholder bezel. I'm waiting for the next order (dashboard).

To resume, i want this dashboard. Someone have a Double Din installation here ?

With this GPS : New Pioneer Avic-F10BT (The Best GPS/radio/DVD in Europe).

OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try .:: www.ViperPassion.com ::..

you need a euro spec version to find all the radio stations

Thanks Neil.

I have already visited this french forum. But nobody have bought and installed a GPS double Din for Viper SRT-10. Anyway, there are few Viper SRT-10 in France (very few :dunno:).

I will visit a professional garage next friday to custom my dash (with leather). I hope it will answer me...

Here are some photos of my Viper (sorry for bad quality of my mobile phone)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
:headbang:Looks bad-***! Sinister, yet beautiful!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Viper. I hope JonB can help you with your dash. You are now the second French person I am aware of who owns a Viper. I have a friend who lives outside of Claremont-Ferrand who owns a 1999 RT/10. She is one of very few Viper owners in France and probably the only woman.
Best of luck.
PAvemon RT/10

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a silver SRT-10 in Paris in roughly 2006. Talked to the guy for a minute. He looked at me like I was crazy coming up to talk to him about his car. He had no idea what the VCA was. Wondered if you had the same car until I saw the pics. There can't be too many of them there.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my Pioneer/Premier DEH-P790BT installed in my GTS. Gen 3s are similar. Mic is clipped to the sunvisor near the mirror with my SRX radar detector beside it.

Not sure why you want a custom dash for a stereo unit? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a stereo unit that fits right into the stock dash?

I bought a Nuvi 350 Nav system because althouth my first choice for any driving other than local is my GTS, sometimes we take the wife's new Hemi and tow the Viper in the enclosed trailer. Portable nav fits in every car I own so that I don't have to buy 8 of them and pay to update all of them every year. Same thing with my Sirrius radio. I just bought hardwire kits and hardmounted extra brackets. 1 radio services 4 cars!

Ted

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ok. I have THE solution.

Start next friday with custom dash with Double Din (2 weeks approximatively).

Then install GPS Pioneer.

And finally cover dash with leather.

See you end of February for results and photos ;)

PS to Cop Magnet : I have seen this guy with silver SRT on french forum. He sell his car for now.

PS to RTTTTed : I prefer a full install for best looking, more functions, big screen, etc.(even if more expensive, but if I can...).

Last edited:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ca doit une vraie aspirateur à femmes en France.
Conbien de numero de téléphone as tu eu depuis que tu as ta Viper ?

Puis les poulets, sont ils sévères avec les Vipers ?

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Vipertop and glad to read you in this thread :D

Schulman >> all the french owners has some wife, maybe they stay, maybe are afraid by the Viper... :rolaugh:

About the cops, no special problem with them (I haven't a Viper so...) but sometimes curious about the Viper... :D

I hope Vipertop find a answer about his problem. ;)

OP
OP
V

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schulmann, I have a wife and I'm a serious guy :D

And no problem with cops (for the moment) :headbang:

But in France, women prefers European cars (Aston Martin, Porsche...).

American cars have bad reputation : big fuel consumption, old mecanic, interior in plastic, bad handling, etc. :dunno:

But it prefer and I love big block :2tu:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to put your vin in your ID so you show up as an owner on the forum - and join the VCA :)

Congrats on the car. Post pics after you finish your project as well as your car around 'town'.

They drop jaws and have folks pull out their camera-phones in the USA as well - it is simply and amazing car.

ViperGal