Help - car won't start a dealer!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Help - car won\'t start a dealer!

Ask them if the alarm went off? They might try shutting down the entire system by disconnecting the battery post for 1-3 minutes, and then hooking it back up. After it has been reconnected , have them use your key fob and hold down both buttons simultaneously ( it should chirp after 10-30 seconds ). This should recode the system and they can possibly restart it. Otherwize, then should be able to figure it out using their diagnostic tool.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bobz:
My dealer just called me to say they cannot start my car ('97 RT/10) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, while I feel your pain, H E L LOOoooooo !!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?!?

Bill Ps plan should work.
(As soon as it starts......DRIVE AWAY!)

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We should start a list of key indicators that should tell you to go to another dealer. I had a couple recently:

1) When the service writer asks, "Do you want synthetic oil, or just the regular stuff?"
2) When you have to show the tech how to open and close the hood.

That was just one visit, and probably my last to that dealer.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Going through the same thing with my car this week. It is going to the Viper Tech. at Fitzgeralds on monday.

Good luck.

-Jeff T

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While everyone says that it is the alarm, alarm, alarm.........

Have the dealer check the wire that connects to the positive side of the battery ALONG with the positive cable. This has a plug in the line and powers the fuel pump. Mine had some battery corrosion on it under the jacket where it meets the main cable (where they bolt to the battery) which I could not see. In other words the wire had broken in the jacket. I replaced mine and all was fine. It took me days to figure this one out!Good Luck. Warren