Help finding 2010 ACRs

dayABR11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one know of any 2010 used or new ACRs in the following color combos?

White w/ black center band and red driving stripe
White w/ black center band
Grey w/ black center bad and red driving stripe
Red w/ black center band and red driving strip
Blue w/ with black stripes (any type)

After a lot of discussion with the wife and going back and forth between a GT3 and an ACR I've decided on the ACR and am finally ready to buy. Unfortunately after exhaustive searches on google, here, and eBay, I can't really find any of these colors available. And at the price points that ACRs are selling for, color is really really important.

I had seen a Voodoo posted on eBay two weeks ago for 87500 with 550 miles. It didn't sell on there, but after contacting the seller I found out it was quickly sold shortly thereafter. So that's about what I'd be willing to pay. Kinda regret not pulling the trigger at that time.

Thanks!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10's are still going for a pretty good price new and there are not a lot left. Some dealers still have 09's that can be had for a better price.

Bruce

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any one know of any 2010 used or new ACRs in the following color combos?

White w/ black center band and red driving stripe
White w/ black center band
Grey w/ black center bad and red driving stripe
Red w/ black center band and red driving strip
Blue w/ with black stripes (any type)

After a lot of discussion with the wife and going back and forth between a GT3 and an ACR I've decided on the ACR and am finally ready to buy. Unfortunately after exhaustive searches on google, here, and eBay, I can't really find any of these colors available. And at the price points that ACRs are selling for, color is really really important.

I had seen a Voodoo posted on eBay two weeks ago for 87500 with 550 miles. It didn't sell on there, but after contacting the seller I found out it was quickly sold shortly thereafter. So that's about what I'd be willing to pay. Kinda regret not pulling the trigger at that time.

Thanks!

The dealer I bought my ACR from has a SSG ACR with black stripes, the color combos you listed are hard to find new these days. Good luck in your search.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear you decided to buy a Viper. You will not be disappointed!! About the closest combo I can find on your list is a 2010 Graphite w/Black Center Band and Red Driver's Stripe ACR at a Dodge Dealer in Omaha. Not sure what they will sell it for, but the MSRP is $110,285. I would suggest you call Bernie Katz at Tomball Dodge. He is very knowledgeable and he can probably help you find what you are looking for. Good luck!

OP
OP
D

dayABR11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all. Yeah, those color combos have been a pain to find. I'd be up for '09's too. Main thing is to get used I think cause right now dealers don't seem to be budging much on '10's due to their relative rarity, but at the same time I want to minimize the pain once the Gen V comes out. And I have too much of an itch right now to wait for prices to drop more when the Gen V comes out. Maybe that's just what will have to happen and then some of the color combo's I'm looking for might pop up on various sites.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baxter is the only ones with some new '09's left as far as the larger guys.
I just traded in my '09 Graphite ACR with dual red stripes to Bernie, it's perfect.
2400 miles, detailed out, clear bra...immaculate. Make him an offer!

The '10's will never be given away like the '09's were, the same incentives aren't being offered.

OP
OP
D

dayABR11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJon, thanks for the lead, but really leaning heavily one of the white/black combo. That happens to be the overwhelming favorite combo for both my wife and I. Red and black as in the first ones that were publicized as well as the graphite with black and red is are two of my favorites, but not for the wife...

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear you decided to buy a Viper. You will not be disappointed!! About the closest combo I can find on your list is a 2010 Graphite w/Black Center Band and Red Driver's Stripe ACR at a Dodge Dealer in Omaha. Not sure what they will sell it for, but the MSRP is $110,285. I would suggest you call Bernie Katz at Tomball Dodge. He is very knowledgeable and he can probably help you find what you are looking for. Good luck!

Good advice here, call Bernie. I bought my 03 last year from him. Either through Tomball, or his own BJ Motors, Bernie can probably find it for you. And, you can be assured the car you're buying will be a good one. Bernie has an excellent rep on here for selling only cars that meet his high standards.

Last edited:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As most everyone has already said. Call Bernie at BJ Motors/Tomball Dodoge. If he doesn't have it, he knows where you can get it. He is racing this weekend but I bet if you call him he will help you out.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just took a half hour look around, I can't believe the lack of white ACR's available. Bernie has some black ACR's with silver center band and black drivers stripe that might appeal.

http://www.viperexchange.com/2010-dodge-viper-srt10-acr-sale-limited-edition-0131.php

The only white car I could find is an Aero Coupe at Woodhouse with dual black stripes, if it has to be white that might be as close as you come. Bill Pemberton is the guy you want there and he is well known and respected here. I think that car is a one of one also.

1B3AZ6JZ1AV100141_4_L.JPG

They also have a Lauguna Seca Edition that reverses the black red color scheme, if you have not seen it it looks like this. Limited edition of 33 cars.

1B3AZ6JZ6AV100247_1_L.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/1B3AZ6JZ6AV

Both Bernie and Bill are long time site supporters here and you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appealed to me, I have one on it's way. Now there's three left. :2tu:

Yeah, I saw those when I was at the plant and they stopped me in my tracks. I would have the stripe red though. As to the OP. you are clearly in love with the white, I would contact all the key players and let them know and see what they can find lightly used. These guys are working deals all the time and they will know of guys with white ACR's that are looking to trade. There are guys who would move to an ACR-X if they could move their car.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Lauguna Seca Edition that reverses the black red color scheme, if you have not seen it it looks like this. Limited edition of 33 cars.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didn't they make [B]33[/B] Laguna's?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
According to the 2010 production numbers published in the First Viper magazine this year, there were 9 white ACR's made total( 5-black center band- red drivers stripe, 1 dual blue stripes, 1 dual black stripes, 2 black center band- no stripe) That's why white ACR's are so rare. There were 11 white coupes made with various stripe or no stripe options( I have one) and 10 white convertibles made with various stripe or no stripe options. No one is going to sell you a new 2010 ACr for 87K. Best look at 2009's that may still be around. I grabbed mine when I saw it for obvious reasons when you look at my avitar---Dave

OP
OP
D

dayABR11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the 2010 production numbers published in the First Viper magazine this year, there were 9 white ACR's made total( 5-black center band- red drivers stripe, 1 dual blue stripes, 1 dual black stripes, 2 black center band- no stripe) That's why white ACR's are so rare. There were 11 white coupes made with various stripe or no stripe options( I have one) and 10 white convertibles made with various stripe or no stripe options. No one is going to sell you a new 2010 ACr for 87K. Best look at 2009's that may still be around. I grabbed mine when I saw it for obvious reasons when you look at my avitar---Dave

Oh I'm sure a new one won't go for that price - but like I said saw sportclassiccomp list one on ebay two weeks ago for that and then it sold off of ebay for around that price. He had initially listed it at 95k, two weeks later relisted at 91k and the dropped by it now to 87.5k in a third listing.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You were looking at buying a GT3 RS and $90k is too much for a new ACR?. You'd be lucky to get into a medium mile 07 GT3 for low 80's. Not nearly the car an ACR is.

OP
OP
D

dayABR11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at a 2010 GT3 also. Not the RS. Yes, it’s not the same car, but it’s still a car I would like. And those are going for around 116k +/- 10k depending on options,mileage, and haggling. That's a bit more than the ACR, but it's not so much about final price as it is about resale. With some examples on eBay, it would probably be 114k final price and it would probably depreciate 8-10k a year thereafter. I could get a 2005 FGT for 160k and probably sell it for 160k 3-4 years later if I don't add too many miles. My friend bought his NSX in 2008 for 56k and it will probably sell for 52k right now. On the other hand I just had with a Z06 I recently sold I bought it at 67k in 2008, added about 9k of mods, and could only sell it for 49k earlier this year (took a bigger hit than I would have liked on the Z06). Trying to avoid something like that happening again.

Bottom line is there are enough Viper owners that flip their cars enough that I can hopefully get a used one that’s already taken that big initial depreciation hit. I am trying to minimize depreciation if I can. If I bought a new 2010 at MSRP right now, I’m pretty sure this time next year when the new Viper is unveiled I couldn’t sell it for anything more than 80k – guaranteed. That would be at least a 35k hit for one year for me! Now, I’m sure there are sellers willing to let go of a used 2009 for around 81k and a used 2010 for around 89k. At that point, if I were to have to sell next year I would probably lose about 5-10k, which is much more palatable.

But the problem is, although there are lots of Viper Coupes out there at reasonable prices and a handful of Viper ACRs used at reasonable prices, finding an ACR in those select colors is quite difficult!

Looked up Hendrick - seems to be a ********... That would also be problematic. Just can't win. Well when they open up, maybe they're willing to convert it to a "normal" version at relatively low cost.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ahh, I understand now, thanks. You don't want an ACR to drive, you just want one to look at then sell next year. Got it.

Good luck and I hope you find the car you want.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow....if you're really worried that much about depreciation I'm thinking there are very few cars out there nowadays that will meet your criteria....most everything is depreciating much faster than they did in years past.....I've got an 09 White/Black/Red stripe.....if I can find a Ford GT White/Blue for the right price it may be for sale....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made something like 3000 Ford GT's in 3 years. Dodge made less than 600 ACR's in 3 years, MANY of which are being wiped out at the track. Add to that the possibility that an ACR may not be available for a few years in Gen5 trim and I don't think you are going to have to worry about resale on any Gen 4 ACR, you can already see strong indicators of that.
The price incentives that were (foolishly in my opinion) put on the 09's are no longer available and they were the only thing knocking down the values for a while. That and a couple dealers who bet on the Viper going away permanently and tried to corner the market on Vipers then discounting them heavily also hurt, but that's just about over as well. Prices will continue to rise until a new ACR arrives sometime down the road. And if the new ACR is not significantly faster than the old, and a couple wise men are guessing that might happen as this ACR is soooo good then you will have a collector car like a Ford GT. None of that may happen and these are just my ramblings, I have no special information, but I sure ain't selling mine till I see the new one beat the old ones times.

Oh, and no big deal on that ********, my memory of that is it's just the deletion of the hood insulation and the rear carpet and the radio and speakers, plus you get the track timer and some gorgeous carbon fiber pieces finishing out the rear compartment and covering the door speakers.
Long term value will be higher on Hard Cores due to rarity and NO big deal to add the radio back in, heck the original is not very good anyway, buy aftermarket, and add the hood pad and rear carpet pieces. Make sure you keep the timer and the carbon fiber pieces to retain value but I would grab that one if I were you. I predict you are NOT going to find another new one.
I'm sure they will deal on that one but I would just take it and add the pieces back myself by buying through VPA or a Viper friendly dealer. Make it simple for them, just go for the best price.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
They also have a Lauguna Seca Edition that reverses the black red color scheme, if you have not seen it it looks like this. Limited edition of 30 cars.

[/QUOTE]

In celebration of the record-breaking run, Dodge crafted[B][SIZE="5"] 33 unique 1:33 Edition ACRs[/SIZE][/B] featuring a number of unique touches including a reverse red-on-black color scheme.

So dayABR11, did you buy that ACR yet?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Taking bets?

LOL. I'm hoping he'll buy it, then next year it will be for sale with no extra miles on it.:)

One of my favorite colors for the ACR.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang