Help!! I need Front rotors for my 94 RT/10! Mr. Tator r u out there?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just found out I need to replace my front rotors, they are undersized, and am having trouble finding anyone with them in stock.
Does anyone out there have some they want to get rid of?
Also, does anyone know the part number for them (Chuck).
I hate to call a dealer and tell them I need parts for my Viper, I feel they sometimes raise the price accordingly (Special Viper price) I would rather just check the part number with them. I hate thinking this, since I run a dealership parts dept (non DC).
Finally, do these rotors fit anything else, like a Dakota truck?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought 2 sets off of e-bay from low mileage conversions. Might be interested in selling a set for what I payed. Say $100.00 plus shipping. Front and rears.

Let me know.

Ratech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you want Chuck to take the time to give you the part number. Why don't you give him the business for his time helping you. Call him and order them.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeeze, just call Tator and he will send them to you no muss, no fuss. Although why anyone would replace stock rotors with stock rotors is beyond me.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

What would you replace them with? A diffrent type rotor or different aftermarket system?

If you are just talking the rotor what would you recommend?

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded,
To answer the question brought up here... I would love to buy from the Wizard but was hoping to find some today so I could get my car back on the road, thats why I wanted the part number...
THANKS MR TATOR YOU ARE THE BEST!!
I dont track this car much, only a couple times in 3 years and I am not sure I need anything better than stock....what do you all think? I have heard that cross-drilled rotors sometimes are worse than stock, something about weakening the rotor, is this true?
Also I will be installing EBC Green pads...any special prep required?
Thanks again to all that responded...
Cheers,

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with a full out race rotor - two piece with aluminum hat from Stoptech, Dilusi, Porsche, etc. The hats can be annodized red, yellow, blue, whatever. Even for posers (ugh) you score more points with actual functional race equipment than dressy crap.

I mean, at least you can lie and say you used to race it.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, I installed EBC greens on my stock rotors with about 12K on them, and I hand scuffed them with sand paper, which was not enough to avoid squealing...

SO I came back and used a 3M rotor surfacing kit (about 2 inch diameter sanding disks, fairly aggressive, and used on a drill) to apply a non-directional scuff pattern onto the rotor...This eliminated the squealing I had, but it took a couple hundred miles to get rid of all the squealing...

You might want to call EBC/JonB to determine if you need to do this IF you get brand new rotors...

Tomer

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again to all of you for your help, Viper people are the best...like an extended family.
I was able to find a friend at a Dodge dealer nearby (I didnt think he worked their anymore) and was able to order some that will be in on Friday (I hope) and he cut me a deal,(read my sig. below) so that helps.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Cheers,

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again to all of you for your help, Viper people are the best...like an extended family.
I was able to find a friend at a Dodge dealer nearby (I didnt think he worked their anymore) and was able to order some that will be in on Friday (I hope) and he cut me a deal,(read my sig. below) so that helps.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Cheers,

I thought you said you were trying to buy them locally so that you could get back on the road sooner... you should have just ordered them from Tator, since he was nice enough to get you the part number.

He would have given you a good deal on them, you know ;)

OP
OP
S

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Achilles,
I did find them locally (30 miles away), and will have them tommorow....I think it would have taken Mr. Tator a few more days to get them to me here on the left coast....I really wish there was a "Tators West" but oh well.
I think all the great stuff Chuck does for Viper people is the best, and will buy from him, whenever possible, its just a geographic thing.
Cheers,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32