HELP!!..... idiot!!

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...I was adjusting the door and I hit the lock and didn't know it. I shut the door and you guessed it. The key is sitting on the seat. I can't find the spare. :omg: Can some one please PM and tell me how to open it. I am sooooo proud of my self now.:brick: :( :doh2:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me think out loud here for a moment. if anyone has an idea or a solution, i suggest PM'ing overboost. i dont think we need to let the general public know how to get into our cars without a key. good idea?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not probably the answer you want to hear because it's past close of business, but with proof of ownership, title, registration, and ID that you match the car any Dodge dealer should be able to cut you a new key. I THINK. Our club is attending a tech session at a Viper friendly dealer Saturday morning, I can pose the question if you wish. What do you have, year, model? PM me a cell phone and I will gice you a shout from the dealer. Presuming the car is safe and sound in the garage this kind of advice is probably your best bet. Chuck Tator could probably solve it over the phone but the close of business problem raises it's ugly head and Chuck does not like cell phones.

OP
OP
O

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP!!..... idiot!! Got it opened!

OK..I got it opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife is a genius! So the key fob was sitting on the console and my wife suggested that I grab the fob with the coat hanger and put it into the seat. Then push the unlock button with the coat hanger. PUFF!!! I think that I was so mad that I didn't even think of this. Now the real problem is that I now owe her big time. Thanks for the help everyone.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK..I got it opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife is a genius! So the key fob was sitting on the console and my wife suggested that I grab the fob with the coat hanger and put it into the seat. Then push the unlock button with the coat hanger
Thanks for the tip...

You must be registered for see images

:jester: j/k glad you got it opened :2tu:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some what? Jewelery? Purses? Earrings? Puppies? Kittens? Cuddling?

Your SOME is not the SOME that she wants. :lmao:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not probably the answer you want to hear because it's past close of business, but with proof of ownership, title, registration, and ID that you match the car any Dodge dealer should be able to cut you a new key. I THINK. Our club is attending a tech session at a Viper friendly dealer Saturday morning, I can pose the question if you wish. What do you have, year, model? PM me a cell phone and I will gice you a shout from the dealer. Presuming the car is safe and sound in the garage this kind of advice is probably your best bet. Chuck Tator could probably solve it over the phone but the close of business problem raises it's ugly head and Chuck does not like cell phones.

Last time I checked vipers didn't have a lock cylinder on the outside to open the doors. How would having a new key cut help someone get into their viper? :dunno: I guess if it was a GTS you could open the back glass. I don't think this would help an RT/10.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was trying to think of how a key would help since there are no door cylinders. :dunno: But then I thought of it.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The tow truck driver's handbook has pretty good instructions.

Ted

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I locked the keys in my RT/10 one time. Stayed in the parking lot for hours waiting on a locksmith. What really made me mad was it started raining and since I didnt have the top on the car, the whole interior got soaked. :D :D :D

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I locked the keys in my RT/10 one time. Stayed in the parking lot for hours waiting on a locksmith. What really made me mad was it started raining and since I didnt have the top on the car, the whole interior got soaked. :D :D :D

Same thing happened to me in my GEN1! And the worst thing was, I couldn't roll my windows up until AAA came and saved the day. :rolaugh:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, ya'll a bunch of idiots. Just remove one of the subwoofer grills in the hood, and tug on the speaker wire. It doubles as an emergency door release. Read it in the 2003 Redneck Wrecker Driver Nationals Program Guide.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT/10 also has a rear window that opens with a key so getting the key would enable the window to be removed to gain access to the emergency door handle on the inside. Since the key to the window is different than the ignition key, good idea to have a separate spare for each kept in different locations.
Pavenom RT/10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang