HELP!! I've lock myself out of the trunk!!!

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP!! I\'ve lock myself out of the trunk!!!

Yesterday, I was changing the back plate on my 1994 RT/10. in order to reached the holes I´ve made, I had to remove locking device.

With the new license-plate in place, I was checking if it was straight, and suddenly the trunk lid slipped i my hands and locked it self.

So, before I start cutting up very expensive body parts on my Viper, any idea on how to reach the trunk lock??

Martin Czernik
Viper Club Nordic
Stockholm Sweden

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP!! I\'ve lock myself out of the trunk!!!

Call a locksmith before you cut anything up. He'll (or she'll so as to be politically correct - but more than likely HE'll) get it opened for much less than chopping your car up.

Mike

PS. I might not understand exactly what you did, but I wouldn't chop anything up yourself. I would have it towed to the dealership or whatever before I took an axe to it. Sorry if I am no help... I don't know what the locking mechanism is. Can a locksmith open your driver door and then you release it, or did you get rid of that? No need to answer, just showing my ignorance, but in situations like these... take it to a professional before you attempt to do it yourself. It'll save you money.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i take it the keys are locked in there??

and what about the spare set?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the keys are in the trunk, you can get another set cut either by Dodge or a locksmith. They will ask you for a number off your car and it will reproduce the orginal key.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Gen1 ignition is very easy for a locksmith to cut an impression.They will come to your car and believe it or not it is as simple as using a file and key blank.Each time the blank is installed it will leave impressions it is then removed and filed, this is done multiple times until no impressions remain then you have a correctly cut ignition./trunk key.The whole process should take an experienced locksmith about ten minutes.AAA even covers the expense if you have it

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

forget the above and DONT CHOP or force anything, I've sent you mail

One our club guys locked his keys in the boot in the pit lane during the start of a parade lap, took about 20 seconds to get them back. No damage was done or spare set needed

Hence, never leave anything valuable in the boot, any RT owners wanting know how please PM me

Let us know how you get on

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

don't wanna sound dumb but i guess i will where or what is the boot?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

boot in the UK = trunk
bonnet = hood

OP
OP
S

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The keys are NOT in the trunk, if it was that easy there would not be a problem.

No stupid me, removed the cable-thing that is connected to the lock and now I can´t use the key to open the trunk/boot (bagageutrymme in swedish)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"That is better than locking yourself IN the trunk."

I saw something like that on the Sopranos.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since the cable isn't there, it might be cheapest to remove the rear fascia, use a hole saw through the trunk floor and reach in behind the latch. Use a square dowel and unlatch it.

I installed a trailer hitch tongue through the fake slots in the rear fascia and the hitch pin to keep the tonque in the reciever is dropped in through the trunk floor. With that in mind, repairing the trunk floor sounds a lot cheaper than repaint or repair on the boot lid.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's the way to solve your problem.

Since the cable isn't there, it might be cheapest to remove the rear fascia, use a hole saw through the trunk floor and reach in behind the latch. Use a square dowel and unlatch it.

I installed a trailer hitch tongue through the fake slots in the rear fascia and the hitch pin to keep the tonque in the reciever is dropped in through the trunk floor. With that in mind, repairing the trunk floor sounds a lot cheaper than repaint or repair on the boot lid.

OP
OP
S

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used Neils way, I got in to my trunk under 5 minutes without making any holes.

As the guy said, don´t leave anything of value in there....

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Martin, what's up with your website?

ERROR:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

-----------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.viperclubnordic.se home page.

OP
OP
S

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It´s working right now, but the webb hosting guys will soon get a very angry phone call if the site keeps going off line

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MEDLEMSLOGIN:
Din e-postadress
Lösenord:

I guess it means Login (email) and Password?

OP
OP
S

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is right. The pages is under construction, and will be released after Eastern. Of course, sunny weather and Viper-driving during the weekend will delay this :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog