HELP! Left my lights on now won't start

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I left my lights on this morning came out after work , remote wouldn't let me in, fortunatly I left a window cracked, broke in and charged up my battery, now the remote won't disarm car and won't start cause I guess the fuel pump is deactivated...what do I do now.... Thanks

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Normally, a dead battery does not deactivate the fobs. Try using the fob, then, slightly press throttle as you turn the key. If the motor comes alive, maintain throttle at slow RPM's while idling. You may just have reset the computer module, and it will take about 10 minutes of either driving moderately or idling before the car will idle without "foot input".

Other thought would be to "resync" the fobs. Unfortunately, not sure if I remember the procedure... but might just be a matter of pushing both buttons simulataneously? Can anyone help on this one?

Reaction score
I think these also have an RKE module that can go bad if the charging system is "shocked" with the jumpers and it gets a surge of current. This will disable the fobs and keep the engine from running.

OP
OP
H

heftygts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a Gen 11 00' GTS ACR , I did a search and found how to reset the fobs and it arms and disarm now, I am just waiting for the battery to charge up fully, what is the real piss off is I had to drive our 1994 Mercury Topaz courtesy car home, I pished both buttons ont the fobs for about 5 seconds and it went beep disarmed the car,

Question on gen11's is there a door key slot somewhere, I read that there is one by the mirror...???

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question on gen11's is there a door key slot somewhere, I read that there is one by the mirror...???

The way to get in if the key fob doesn't work is to use the key to unlock the back hatch and reach around from the side and flip the emergency handle on the door. It's not an elegant way to get in; but, not difficult either.