HELP! LO TIRE won't stop DINGING!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP! LO TIRE won\'t stop DINGING!

Yes, I checked the tire pressure. All are set at 45 psi (seems high). I have no manual with the car so I want to know if there is anything I can do to disable the Lo tire warning for now. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP! LO TIRE won\'t stop DINGING!

Go with 30 PSI. There is a connection near/at the rotors that the reciever plugs into that my of come loose. You would have to take the wheels off to get to them though. I just had all my tires off and refinished and no problems when I put them back on and thats when I saw the units.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ARRRRGGG!! I wish I had the owners manual. There has to be a way to disable this thing. I'm going nuts.

I am about to change over to some custom wheels. I assume that not everyone swaps out the transmitters as well. What is the norm for doing this?

Jeff

ccronald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the same problem- dealer checked computer and found both rear sending units were defective- replaced under warrantee. Good luck.

Chris

Michael Hatch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Had the same problem. defective sender. no way to turn it off although after a few days, it went off on it's own and never came back on but the low tire pressure
indicator stayed on until the sender was replaced under warrantee.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good to know. Thanks. What about aftermarket wheels that have no sensors reinstalled? Is it a problem?

Jeff

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No they are part of the valve stem, so as easy as it is to install a valve stem...its that easy.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Receiver is in the middle of the car behind the radio, not on the wheels according to by book and experience, if the fauly transmitter is replaced it should reset itself when the wheel rotates above 20mph (from memory) you may still need to rest the system using the DRB and the ring magnet special tool which fits over the tyre valve.

I have had this fault now for a year.......not one valve reset tool in the UK.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you can take out the sending unit without pulling the tire off the wheel?

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No you have to pull the tyre the valve has a box on the back thats why the valves are bolted onto the wheel.