Help me price this GTS

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a second child KILLED my 'extra' time - help me price this GTS ...
I know there is a 'quick sell' price and an 'I don't really need to sell it' price, I'm leaning more towards the sell it sooner than later price.
It's a 2002 Roe GTS Bumblebee. It was originally Cody Whitehead's (owner of A.R.T.) and it does a lot of sitting around in my garage now. It has brake upgrades and a 5# Roe on it set up to run on 91 Octane. Has iForged 19/20 with Nittos (3K miles on them). 13K miles. Runs/drives/looks perfect. Paint is 9.5/10 Interior is 9.5/10...
On a Chassis dyno it did roughly 550/570 (I have the graphs) - and remember, that is on 91 Octane with a 5# pulley. Super Safe tune and never goes above 190 degrees (even in the summer with A/C on full)
So, what's the price range to ask to get this sold? I'll take a bunch of pictures and do a full write-up, but I just don't know what to ask...?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Thanks...

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no pro in the pricing area, so I don't want to speculate and get yelled at...:lmao:

However, that is a beautiful car and a gorgeous house!

Good luck with the sale!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based upon what I've seen lately $42k would be a reasonable asking price to move it. If you got over $46k I'd be surprised as I would be if you got lower than $41k.

Regards,
Aaron

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably about $35-39,000 if that's all the upgrades you have. Exhaust? Hiflow Cats? Stereo? Brakes look to be 13" slotted/drilled? "Supercharged" logo on driver's side only?

I would expect that the lower price would sell faster. Roe GTS with 29,000mi. was offered to me for $34K last month.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably about $35-39,000 if that's all the upgrades you have. Exhaust? Hiflow Cats? Stereo? Brakes look to be 13" slotted/drilled? "Supercharged" logo on driver's side only?

I would expect that the lower price would sell faster. Roe GTS with 29,000mi. was offered to me for $34K last month.

I didn't do a full write-up, but yes, full exhaust - stock stereo...and the supercharged emblems were added after that first picture, they are on both sides (as well as clear signals)...

I wouldn't have thought this combo would pull only $35K on ANY low spectrum...

It could pull $50k.

Nick

Of course, I wouldn't have thought it would pull $50K on ANY high spectrum...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You said "priced to sell quicker than later". Not many buyers and there are a lot of 'deals' out there.

Ted

01_VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$47,000.00 would be very reasonable for yours. If you sell it for $35k, let me know. :)

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been watching the classifieds here, as well as occasionally perusing Autotrader and E-Bay. Listed prices vs actual sales numbers around here have proved to have some discrepancy, though listed prices have climbed in the last 3 months.

I'd say it's very safe to ask a mid or low 40 and expect a low 40 or high 30. Especially if motivated to sell. It's a cool car, but the limiting factor is in finding someone with the cash (hard to finance these days) and the interest in that more or less specific build. Vipers in stock form intimidate the general sports car enthusiast masses. Vipers with blowers edge beyond the layman's abilities to operate and maintain.

Cool car! If I had the spare bucks and you accepted my lowball offer, it'd be on a trailer as we speak! :2tu:

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very VERY pretty Gts my friend. When you come up with you cash in hand value, Please let me know, I have been looking for 5 months now and Id love this beauty...

Good luck!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very VERY pretty Gts my friend. When you come up with you cash in hand value, Please let me know, I have been looking for 5 months now and Id love this beauty...

Good luck!

Hmmm, $41K??? Sold???

As far as maintenance for a supercharged engine - there is none. Do normal oil and airfilter changes. Superchargers last 100,000miles easy. A Roe Racing supercharger does need an oil change every 50,000 miles.

Ted

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car. Really, better than new. Good luck with your sale. $45K seems reasonable.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I know a guy here in Des Moines that is on the prowl for a GTS such as yours. Let me know what you want for it and I'll give him the 4-11.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id start at 44-45k. To be honest, if you have stock rims you could swap and sell the aftermarkets for 4k and still sell at price.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...between this for and the Alley, the consensus is that I should list it at $45 and get $44ish for it.

It listed this last night and have already had 3 PM's with 2 solid offers at $38 and $40K. I have to think that this means it'll do the $44K when I put it up...So - Officially I am putting it up at $45K.

Also, I hadn't even mentioned that A.R.T. put a fully adjustable KW suspension (Comp Coupe) under it.

Thanks again, and please spread the word...

Jason

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly, this car is worth every penny of 45k. I know people are very quick to say 38-40k (and you can see why as you have two offers before it's listed). This looks mint, is a nice color combo, with quality wheels/mods. I personally feel a month is a "quick sale" and you will have 45k (asking) well before that.

The market isn't as low as it was a few months ago.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man... if I had my car paid off right now I'd take that off your hands at this very moment.

In my honest opinion, if you don't use it all the time since it's sitting around in the garage a lot, and you're not in desperate need of some quick cash don't sell it too quick just to move it. That is a beautiful car and you could easily get 45k for it, I would not accept less. If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay the coin to get it. For the mods, condition and the simple fact its a bumblebee I would definitely stay firm at 45k and accept nothing less..

Once again, beautiful car! :2tu:

P.S. knowing the car is definitely worth no less then 45k, just list it at 48k or best offer. Every buyer for the most part always attempts at talking the car down in price when trying to buy of course. So in the end you should be able to get either higher then 45k or settle at 45k which is definitely a reasonable price, but I seriously hope you don't go lower. I'm getting tired of seeing Vipers being sold for cheaper money by the day.... not only is it depreciating the value of our cars, but it will eventually put us in the same class as the Corvettes if they keep being sold at a lower price. :(

In a perfect world your car right now should be selling for 55k easy.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gorgeous BB... That's the car my wife wanted me to buy... The Crib is not to shabby either... Should fetch mid $40s from the right buyer but be motivated to sell it before fall and winter for the best price...

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking GTS! Makes me wonder if I should have held out and bought a modded one instead.

That being said, you're likely to make more moolah parting it out (seems to be the norm on modded cars)....however time and effort tends to get lengthy. If you decide to part out that Roe, gimme a shout!!

Lots of luck to you on the sale. When I was searching a year ago I found a few GTS's that sold in the mid $30K's with similar mileage, without mods. Mine was purchased in the low $30K's. Seems like the market for toys has perked up a bit since then, but as most have pointed out, it's getting tough to acquire loans on these older vehicles.

The market is very small for these cars so I'd suggest putting it up for your higher price and being patient. The right buyer is out there, just gotta wait him/her out!!

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to get some professional pictures taken of it and put it on the market Monday for $45K...Thanks for all the input...

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice car. I'd Bee very interested in this car, but the CARB(California Air Resource Board) Nazis wont allow a ROE car to pass smog:(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Also, I hadn't even mentioned that A.R.T. put a fully adjustable KW suspension (Comp Coupe) under it."

Got pics? I'm thinking that you actually mean pre 2000 1/2 ACR Koni race shocks and not the actual suspension?

Although not an ACR the shocks are worth a few thou added value.

Ted