HELP!!! my car has developed a vibration...

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car, 97 GTS, has a vibration at 4k and above, and the harder the load the stronger the vibs get. the vibs are coming from the gear shifter and the pedal assembly.

i have a fidonza flywheel centerforce clutch. dealer made me buy an OEM clutch and vibs did not go away.

now they want me to try a stock flywheel and i can not find mine anywhere!!! i would like to borrow if possible, with deposit of course, and potentially buy a stock flywheel if the price is right.

they think the prob is coming from the engine, but Detroit will not warranty it with the fidonza flywheel...so if we install the stock flywheel and it vibrates, i get a new motor and my fidonza flywheel, if it goes away, i am going to have a beef with fidonza!!!

my car is sitting on a lift at the dealer in parts now...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did it happen all at once?how many miles have u driven with the aftermarket parts,was it fine for some miles and now a problem came out of nowhere?how about center drive shaft or u-joints?does it vibrate upon revs sitting still,usually if it vibrates sitting still upon a rev,would be concerned about what the dealer is saying.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the vibration has been with you thorugh all those parts it's probably the balancer or cranksnout.

Ted

OP
OP
T

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no one has a flywheel or knows someone that has one laying around???

i do not want to pay stealership prices!

V

Venomiss

my car, 97 GTS, has a vibration at 4k and above, and the harder the load the stronger the vibs get. the vibs are coming from the gear shifter and the pedal assembly.

i have a fidonza flywheel centerforce clutch. dealer made me buy an OEM clutch and vibs did not go away.

now they want me to try a stock flywheel and i can not find mine anywhere!!! i would like to borrow if possible, with deposit of course, and potentially buy a stock flywheel if the price is right.

they think the prob is coming from the engine, but Detroit will not warranty it with the fidonza flywheel...so if we install the stock flywheel and it vibrates, i get a new motor and my fidonza flywheel, if it goes away, i am going to have a beef with fidonza!!!

my car is sitting on a lift at the dealer in parts now...

You might check here: XVIPERS : Home

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did the vibration start after you installed the flywheel or clutch ? Fidanza recommends that the flywheel and clutch assembly be balanced together for optimum performance. Their flywheel is CNC machined, so it should be pretty much in balance, depending upon the variations in density of the billet. That doesn't preclude a problem however.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All Fidanza Viper flywheels are balance for their particular appications, just like stockers. Unless your flywheel is the wrong one for your car, it shouldn't be an issue.

If car has been 'abused' or clutch dumped with slicks, across potholes or curbs the tranny input shaft could be bent, but not likely.

Front balancer is most likely as Viper crank snouts may crack and balancers may spin.

Ted

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a spare flywheel. Just took it off and installed a Findaza. Haven't even driven the new set-up yet!! Just need to get it to you from Fl to Tx... Given my schedule this week, it will be hard to do anything with it until this weekend. With the urgency, probably too hard to do. But if you need it, PM me and we can work the details.

OP
OP
T

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hoping for a better deal if possible!

Did the vibration start after you installed the flywheel or clutch ? Fidanza recommends that the flywheel and clutch assembly be balanced together for optimum performance. Their flywheel is CNC machined, so it should be pretty much in balance, depending upon the variations in density of the billet. That doesn't preclude a problem however.

i had the FW and clutch balanced together by the guy who builds my hot rod engines...nothing he has ever balanced has ever vibrated.

All Fidanza Viper flywheels are balance for their particular appications, just like stockers. Unless your flywheel is the wrong one for your car, it shouldn't be an issue.

If car has been 'abused' or clutch dumped with slicks, across potholes or curbs the tranny input shaft could be bent, but not likely.

Front balancer is most likely as Viper crank snouts may crack and balancers may spin.

Ted

has not been abused at all. vib was slightly there befor, and now more pronounced.

I have a spare flywheel. Just took it off and installed a Findaza. Haven't even driven the new set-up yet!! Just need to get it to you from Fl to Tx... Given my schedule this week, it will be hard to do anything with it until this weekend. With the urgency, probably too hard to do. But if you need it, PM me and we can work the details.

pm sent...

thx

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flywheel on the way. Box weighed-in at 39.90 lbs. Quite a slug to spin upwards of 6K RPM...and that doesn't include the pressure plate weight either.!! That thing is a monster too.

V

Venomiss

Flywheel on the way. Box weighed-in at 39.90 lbs. Quite a slug to spin upwards of 6K RPM...and that doesn't include the pressure plate weight either.!! That thing is a monster too.

You get extra kudos for that.
Hopefully tradin 1 will thank you after he gets that monster.(Like Mike Wazowski)