Help, my car is not a lemon !!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For days now, post after post, talking about problems with the Viper, water leaks, trunk, tail light, clutch....So you want to send a message to DC ? Easy, just don't buy their cars !!! Trust me, they'll hear you loud and clear.
I feel bad for everyone having problems with their cars, but lets give the other side of the Viper, you know the good one,the one that made you buy it in the first place, an equal chance. I bought my Viper for the speed, power and looks and it delivers every day, nothing less and nothing more. Most of us buy vipers as a second car, a weekend car, a toy to have fun with, expensive toy, but you would need an expensive toy for all the hard and fast driving it goes through. Biggest complement for the Viper, is the fact most of us here bought it again. If you want a great mileage car, buy a Saturn, want reliability buy German, want a sleep aid, buy a corvette, want to feel alive buy a VIPER... :usa: :2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my second Viper from Bill yesterday, I went through the usual Dodge quality pains with the first one, but it sure didn't stop me from getting another one. Everytime I sit in the seat, I forget about any complaints I may have had. :2tu: :headbang:

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many of us are second time Viper owners, and how many first time owners would do it again ?
I would and I did !! ;)

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got my second Viper from Bill yesterday, I went through the usual Dodge quality pains with the first one, but it sure didn't stop me from getting another one. Everytime I sit in the seat, I forget about any complaints I may have had. :2tu: :headbang:

I guess now your not going to hang with your old GenI-II wanna-be buddies ;)

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the beginning God created.....
You must be registered for see images

1989 DODGE VIPER CONCEPT 1

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess now your not going to hang with your old GenI-II wanna-be buddies ;)

I figured it didn't matter, you never liked me anyway ;)

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from "03SRT red with black sripes" :

<font color="red"> "We all own Vipers, which makes us very, very lucky."</font>

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long til they bring it back NO MERCY? Are you able to sleep? I cant sleep right now...debating to modify a fairly rare care or modify it and enjoy it regardless. As others have mentioned, we should feel lucky to have the cars we have!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first GTS had pages and pages of problems. Luckily my dealer experience was fantastic, and we worked our way through all the issues.

My 03 has been as trouble free as anyone could have hoped. Just get in it and drive. This generation is heads and shoulders ahead of the previous cars in quality.

While it seems that each year has its own issues, beginning in 92. It is obvious that someone at Viper cares about making a better product every year. I have had the pleasure to speak with some of the SRT guys, and they have a dedication that is rare in automobile manufacturing.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm glad someone is posting positive experitences for once. I,m on 2,700

worry free miles. During pouring rain, burning heat and frigid cold. No

problems to report. I can even carry 2 sets of golf clubs when we my buddy &amp; I

go golfing. It is the fastest golf cart on the planet. :2tu:

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owned a 96 RT/10... really liked it... Traded it for a 03 SRT-10 LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.... did I mention that I really, really, really LOVE my SRT-10?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HOT WOMAN FLASHED ME THE OTHER DAY!!! Worth the price of admission right there..By this post you can tell I am married..... How sad. :smirk:

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 99 rt10 no problems in 2 years,bought Srt 10 in 2003 and have never had a problem except the little call backs that I think most people have had,would have kept the rt but wanted a real convertible .

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Awesome experience for me as well!

MY MAMBA ROCKS!

....and so have ALL of these:

'95 RT/10 - Great way to learn what REAL Torque is all about
'96 GTS - Need I say more?
'00 Black/Silver GTS - Cover of GM High Performance Mag - Viper Z06 shootout (and the VIPER won... of course! 11.98 in 98 degree, 92% humidity weather)
'01 Red/Silver GTS - SWEET!
'03 Silver SRT-10 - Trouble free!
'04 MAMBA SRT-10 - Trouble free once again!

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long til they bring it back NO MERCY? Are you able to sleep? I cant sleep right now...debating to modify a fairly rare care or modify it and enjoy it regardless. As others have mentioned, we should feel lucky to have the cars we have!!

Jason Heffner has told me plan for 3 months and hope for two. I CAN sleep though. This whole modification thing is becoming old hat. I'll get excited a few weeks from delivery ... I learned that lesson a few cars back. :D :D

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mercy....Did you take note of the fact that Jason is currently installing a twin Turbo on a Gallardo? You can just ship the Gallardo back when the SRT is delivered!

I actually helped put Wayne and Jason together ... yes my Lambo will get a Turbo conversion as well. Next winter. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hot is the viper ?
You must be registered for see images

And she don't mind taking the top off..

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I like the SRT and beach pictures. There is life beyond Vipers!