HELP! no power from battery and car is outside

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed a new battery about 1.5 months ago. It has been working fine, until today...

I drove my 96 gts a week and a half ago (had to jump it) for about 1.5 hours. Today I tried to pull it out of the garage for a much needed bath, but it was dead. I hooked up my wifes 4 cyl. SUV to it for about 15 minutes, but not even the accessaries would turn on. I then tried the same with a 8 cyl beamer (what I usually use) for 5-10 mins, again nothing!

Anyone have any idea what is going on? It is getting dark and I want to get my baby tucked into the garage for the night.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with psychospeed. No power, not even for accessories sounds to me like a battery has gone way bad....especially one so new.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Always worth a shot to recheck the connections. I guess you would have to go back in anyway to replace the battery! The battery should be under full warranty being so new.

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my father in law's auto shop install the battery, so there shouldn't be any incorrect wiring

Think a bad battery would last over month? Would not gounding the jumpers properly do it (not sure how I could of done it, if I did)?