HELP!!! Tires!

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I get 2 new front tires for my 1996 GTS?

Is it ok to do Khumos on front and mich on the back?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Kumhos are stickier than Michelins and you will aggravate oversteer (spins.) The other way (Michelins on front and Kumhos on rear) at least is more predictable; you will always see what you're hitting. ;)

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Wiil do!

Tom,
Thanks for the advice on the Tire Combos.
I am going with the Mich SP all around.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Kumhos are stickier than Michelins and you will aggravate oversteer (spins.) The other way (Michelins on front and Kumhos on rear) at least is more predictable; you will always see what you're hitting. ;)

On the other hand, Vipers push so Kumhos on the front would stick better. Just throwing out a little controversy for you Tom. :)

As for mixing tires if you are on the edge on the street all the time and are not smart enough to realize your new tire setup may not react the same as your old one then it might be better for you to drive a Civic than a Viper.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, Chuck, Chuck. I'm just advising anyone with man style rear brakes that they might have a little accident! The slippery rear tires will lock up first, even in a straight line. Sound unlikely? I have the guard rail marks to prove it.

186rear.jpg

That was a few years ago with Kumho V710s (not even the stickier V700) in front with the factory 38/42mm piston calipers and somewhat older (but not cracks showing) BFG road race tires and 40mm calipers in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc