Help with 09 harness install

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new set of 6 pt Teamtech harnesses. I've watched the install video that came with the harnesses. I've read other posts that do a great job of describing the process. The problem I've encountered is that I cannot find the mounting hole on the driver's outside (exhaust) side. I've peeled back all of the carpet and insulation down to the metal and there is no mounting hole as described. Is it possible the 08 has the hole and an 09 wouldn't? I thought they were pretty much the same car. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has installed a harness in an '09.

For what it's worth, I did find the bolt beneath the center console.

Terry

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO, there is a black bolt in the hole that has to come out first then the anchor bolt goes into there.

Carl

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the driver's outward side (exhaust side) there is no bolt on the inside, nor did I see a bolt coming through from the outside. I peeled back two layers of insulation and the carpet looking for anything that resembled a mounting location. On the center console side I removed a bolt which the eyebolt then replaced. I went ahead and mounted to the factory seat belt location. It seems to be fine except the eyebolt disappeared a bit into the carpet because the carpet isn't perfectly contoured to the pan.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is definitely is a hole. If I remember correctly it is near the top corner of the inside. Reach under the rocker panel on the outside and you may feel it.
On the driver's outward side (exhaust side) there is no bolt on the inside, nor did I see a bolt coming through from the outside. I peeled back two layers of insulation and the carpet looking for anything that resembled a mounting location. On the center console side I removed a bolt which the eyebolt then replaced. I went ahead and mounted to the factory seat belt location. It seems to be fine except the eyebolt disappeared a bit into the carpet because the carpet isn't perfectly contoured to the pan.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed a Team Tech on my 09.....the existing seat belt point is not a recommended attachment point....there is a hole and unlike the thread mentioned above it now has a bolt in it....it is there....it's further back than you think....look at the video again and use the measurements he describes to find it (can't remember off the top of my head).....

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is definitely a hole there. I took a bolt and threaded it in from the exhaust side inward enough to raise the carpet and the cut it with the knife. Very simple to find that way.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look thru the exhaust hole just above the exhaust tip, you will see the backside of the threaded insert. get a long skinny screwdriver and poke it thru and it will accepth the threaded new bolt. there is no existing bolt on the outside only on the center tunnel side. look and you will see it thru the exhaust hole:2tu:

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sounds like there's a hole and I missed it. I'll go back and check. The video said 4" behind the factory seat belt bolt and that's where I was looking. Thanks again everyone.

Terry

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
look thru the exhaust hole just above the exhaust tip, you will see the backside of the threaded insert. get a long skinny screwdriver and poke it thru and it will accepth the threaded new bolt. there is no existing bolt on the outside only on the center tunnel side. look and you will see it thru the exhaust hole:2tu:

the 09 ACR's have an existing bolt on the exhaust side.....same bolt that you pull out of the center tunnel side....I just cut the carpet until I found it.....about 4 inches behind the seat belt bolt....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang