Help with fire in 03 SRT-10!!

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My friend has a Paxton supercharged 03 viper and while sitting at a red light yesterday te car began to emit white smoke from the drivers side of the car and under the hood. Then flames were coming out from the hood sills. The hood, fender and exhaust sills are charred. Luckily he was able to get the fire out and escape unharmed. The car is at the body shop where they are going to try and keep the car from being totalled. We checked the extra fuel pumps and there are no leaks.
I also have a Paxton car and am concerned over anything like this also happening to me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what to look for??

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still worth a look..... was working on a SRT Ram the other week and it was loose.....

Last edited:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the seal went on the Paxton which is very common. Maybe some oil got on the exhaust and started on fire????

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will walk away from the car and let it burn...... i dont want a half burnt car
I thought you said you were going to burn your car anyway Plum? Still waiting for the pix/vid. ;)

V

Venomiss

Hope he found out what the cause of the fire was on his Viper.

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One day in line to pick up my kid, white smoke was billowing from the hood vents, seems there was a build up (from cleaning it the previous day) on top of the block, under the intake that was cooking off. I spray all my vehicle engines with WD-40 fairly regularly since we live on the beach and corrosion can build up on aluminum parts. My son would have went from the "kid with the cool car" to the kid whose ******** father burnt his Viper down in the school pick up loop. Its a freaky feeling and I feel your pain brother. Any chance there was something on top of the engine?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang