Help with noise from rear when slowly accelerating from stop or slow tight turn?

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a noise that happens pretty consistently when slowlyin starting to roll from a stop, or when in a slow, tight radius turn.
It sounds like "click", and sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car.

Any ideas on what this could be, and/or how to fix?

Thanks!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a noise that happens pretty consistently when slowlyin starting to roll from a stop, or when in a slow, tight radius turn.
It sounds like "click", and sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car.

Any ideas on what this could be, and/or how to fix?

Thanks!

Check the ebrake......while turn that tight radius pull up on the ebrake and see if the noise stops. My ebrake caliper froZe up and the inside pad wore down to metal and I would hear when turning tight or moving very slow. The car had 13k at the time

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ulllose. I will check out pulling up on the ebrake a little, and see if the noise still occurs.

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like possibly the diff clutches. Adding some mopar posi-traction additive will help if that is the case.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or search because there's quite a few threads on this.

Click? or click, click, click...

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get the click about 25% of the time when taking off from a dead stop. Never when turning. Mine is not from the ebrake. I've drove for weeks with the ebrakes completely off the car while I was painting them. Still got the click. I have the Mopar posi track additive also.

I'm not too worried about it. I've had the click for years and it doesn't seem to cause any issues or get any worse. Might just be one of those thing where something has to literally fall off the car in order to find the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi