Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
V

vettegc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he wasn't aware of the accident. I think that's why I came down on the price. I think it's more that it's an hr drive one way. He text me an apology so we are good. I don't think he is gonna let someone else take his car over there. I might try and talk him into it again a little layer.

So I know I need a new windshield and new tires. is this still an ok deal.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Street tires $1200-$1500 when all said and done. Windshield unknown. I have read that they can be hard to find. Has the windshield been repaired to prevent any further damage? There are some threads here that discuss windshields.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most insurance policies cover glass generally for free don't they?

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most do or sometime a deductable. I just don't know how easy it would be to find. I am sure they are around. But I don't think it is a stock item in most places.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my GTS windshield replaced a few years ago, took Safelite about three weeks to get.
I assume they still can be located.

OP
OP
V

vettegc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI. We worked it out! Morgon at Tomball Dodge did the inspection. I was very impressed!
There was a diff leak-rear pinion seal, and an oil leak - rubber pcv grommet. Other than that he said it seemed like a solid car. He did recommend changing the brake and clutch fluid. The owner was right there with us so I couldn't get him to comment on the value of the car. I decided to go ahead at buy the car. Paid $32,500.

Should have left the car there to get the work done but decided to drive it home. Car ran great but it rained the whole way. I think I can do all the work except the pinion seal. I'm not sure if there is anyone local who is qualified.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
FYI. We worked it out! Morgon at Tomball Dodge did the inspection. I was very impressed!
There was a diff leak-rear pinion seal, and an oil leak - rubber pcv grommet. Other than that he said it seemed like a solid car. He did recommend changing the brake and clutch fluid. The owner was right there with us so I couldn't get him to comment on the value of the car. I decided to go ahead at buy the car. Paid $32,500.

Should have left the car there to get the work done but decided to drive it home. Car ran great but it rained the whole way. I think I can do all the work except the pinion seal. I'm not sure if there is anyone local who is qualified.

Good for you. Morgan is a good tech and does all the work on my car. Welcome to the world of Viper ownership.

nicholasronaldsmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a lot of vipers before I bought mine. I think you did good at that price, I have wanted a viper for years. I got one and it has been awesome. Congrats