Here are the Viper Nationals race rules again.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER NATIONALS SEPTEMBER 12-14 NORWALK CHRYSLER CLASSIC

MOD 2 HEADS UP RULES
Ground Rules: This class is designed for the group of Vipers with a streetable power adder or modified all motor. Cars who have generally not yet produced a 9 sec ET. We can only have one heads up class, if more people attend these events we will certainly expand. We also offer a dial in class with a cash purse for cars not fitting this format. All Fast 8 cars can compete in both classes.

All cars must be street registered and insured in your home state.
Cars limited to privateers. Meaning no tuner's shop test cars. Final decision with be that of the OHIO VCA.

Cars must be production Vipers with V10, T-56 Six speed trans (No clutchless Trans), Production Viper rear end with stock suspension. ie. No solid axle rear ends, automatic transmissions or other competition transmission.

Bodies must be of stock materials, Windows must be factory glass, must have full interior. ie. No Gutting or lightweight panels.

Wheels can be aftermarket. Tires can be slicks and skinnies.

Engine Mods limited to ONE Power ADDER. One stage of NOS, or ONE blower or turbo.
NOS systems must deliver via throttle body plates or a dry injection. NO Port Injection. Must have stock intake manifold.
Blowers from Roe, Heffner or Levin are approved.
Turbo? contact us.
All Motor; any bolt on or internal modifications. (Aftermarket or fabricated intakes OK)

Tech will be conducted by the OHIO VCA. Norwalk is an IHRA track. They are very liberal roll bar rules.

Ohio VCA will have Final approval of any participant in the Fast 8.
The fastest 8 during a timed run Friday Sept 12 or the morning of Sat Sept 13 will be eligible for the Heads Up shoot out. Ohio VCA reserves the option to expand the field beyond 8 cars based on car count and performance level.

The Fastest 8 cars will compete, heads up/full tree on Saturday afternoon. The Fast 8 will round robin until a winner is determined. Pairing will be developed on Sportsman ladder. ie. 1 races 5, 2 races 6 etc.

The purse is $1000 to win, $250 RU. Plus contingencies.
All participants are then eligible to compete in the dial program with all other vipers. Purse $500 to win, $250 RU. Plus contingencies (So far PartsPack donated two rear 18" tires for the quickest et on real street tires and two $100 gift certificates)
This event will also feature a Viper car show with trophies, entrants can attend Tower Suite hospitality, 40x80 tent in a private pit area for Vipers and the Dream Car Garage dinner Sat night. (We need to know a count on dinner, it's steak and lobster) All courtesy of the Ohio VCA and Clavin Smith!!!!

OK pleeeeaze give me constructive comments on the format described. This is all we can do until we get people willing to race, not just complain.
Thanks call me with any questions or concerns. 330 644 4459.

Pre register at classicevents.com It's only $65.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full tree Tony.

I never thought of that when staging? I do remember I had to look out the passenger window to see the tree!

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my sixty foots are generally higher but its because its the rear tires trip the 60 light, the fronts are 5 foot off the track :) mabey thats toms problem too

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it, will there be an unlimited class where more than one power adder is permitted, and any modification to the tranny goes? I dont understand why it seems like you are singling out a few cars that we all know are fast :confused: Also not a flame but what kinda logic is 2 turbos on a car equals to two power adders :confused: Same goes for multi stage nos :confused:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with Moundir on this one - running two turbos compared to one is not an extra power adder - one huge turbo can make more power in many cases than two smaller ones - but makes them a pig to drive.... turbocharging is one power adder, as is supercharging, no matter how many are used.

Having one per bank is simply logical and allows smaller units which allows boost to come in sooner that's all. No-one is going to waste time building a single turbo V10 I wouldn't think... maybe I'm wrong

Twin blowers won't make any more hp than one big one - they'll simply make boost sooner as they can be smaller.

One huge stage of Nos will make as much power as many stages - it's just fed in quicker. But then is it allowable to feed this one stage in electronically as the rpm's rise to protect the engine - or does it have to be dumped in one huge instant? If it can be fed in electronically - what is allowable - all in within a 1000rpm range? 2000rpm? what range before it is considered 2 or multi-stage? Any range at all - just so long as it is all in in first gear?

Why not simply have NO2, Blowers or Turbos as power adders and let them run those however they want?

The cars are all ECU so any of them could be modified to run electronic controll with custom computers - no way to check without a run diagnosis. The rules penalise the turbo cars in particular as no current turbo setup runs a single. So I guess TT is not allowed.

Nor is twin blower.

Nor is twin stage - which allows more NO2 in higher gears as car can use it.

But then a single blower or turbo car could easily run more boost from 3rd gear on.... ahhh the mess!

I guess rules are rules - but why not race what you bring? Keep it simple - unlimited class for street legal and driven 6 speed Vipers. People don't build cars with class rules in mind - they build em to suit a purpose and be bad *** road cars - they should be allowed to race as driven.... just change tires/wheels.... I'll go away now.... :D

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"NOS systems must deliver via throttle body plates or a dry injection. NO Port Injection. Must have stock intake manifold."

"All Motor; any bolt on or internal modifications. (Aftermarket or fabricated intakes OK)"

I dont understand the limitations regarding how the nitrous is implemented or why the all motor guys can have modified intakes but the nitrous guys can't.

Also, are you considering motor work to be a power adder or can you have all the motor work you want plus one power adder (nos,sc,turbo)?

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, I'm not Solomon. Rules were up for discussion in May. We decided in June. If your planning on racing and have a question, we'll work it out, otherwise why debate it?
There will not be an Unlimited Class if no one commits. So the point is mute. I've offered to put up some cash for just four cars! Two turbo, two blowers? Is there a car with that set up that wants to enter? I've created one feature class this year; Mod 2. It has the potential for 16 cars. The cars entered are all evenly matched. If this works we'll spread out. If the dial in guys want to break themselves down to say "street tires" and run heads up we'll do it. This is not a Viper exclusive event, so we have to fit into the race format. Time trials will be on a scheduled basis Friday and Saturday morning.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain why direct port is not allowed while TB nitros is aloud?. Only a question, why is nitros aloud if installed one way vs another? I am not talking 2 stage but the way it is introduced.
rohn

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain why direct port is not allowed while TB nitros is aloud?. Only a question, why is nitros aloud if installed one way vs another? I am not talking 2 stage but the way it is introduced.
rohn

I could have spelled that a little better, but I totally agree! What difference does direct port make? It's just a better way of doing it. Two stage nitrous is still nitrous, it's just a better way of putting the power to the ground. I'm still laughing at the two turbo thing! That just seems like a rediculous way of shutting out H e n n e s s e y! Turbo+nitrous or blower+nitrous is two power adders.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just my humble opinion here but this shiit has to be worked on cause its making for a less than impressive event. snakebitten is already bowed out d/t all the BS and ive talked with two other viper owners who were going that are now "not going" this is ridiculous. im stock so i dont care much as i know im not one of the swingingdicks who can say i have a chance at winning but many are not coming cause of all this BS.

there is not one viper owner who races that would NOT want to see some nine second cars and if theyre not "allowed" then thats a mistake in my opinion.

this isnt a difficult situation, hell; ill start a class myself; ill put up the purse of a dime cash and i want every fastasss viper there to compete for it. now, ive called all you alleged "im not allowed" nine second cars out, step up or shut up?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What difference does direct port make? It's just a better way of doing it. Two stage nitrous is still nitrous, it's just a better way of putting the power to the ground.

Here is why......and remember, I don't care. If I had my way I would be running a pro tree (like heads up racing is supposed to be) with a blower and nitrous.....still making less hp then most but I promise there would be a lot of whinning about that.

Anyway, How many street Vipers have direct port compared to nozzles in the tubes ? Not many.
What is your normal max hp out of the intake tube injection ? 150 - 250 and 250 is high for most cars.
Direct port.....one stage is capable of over 500 hp. It's not "just a better way of doing it" Its the ONLY safe way to get that much hp (if you want to call that safe) BTR says 300 hp and I think that is with four nozzles but can be a single stage.

There also needs to be clarification were it says: "NOS systems must deliver via throttle body plates or a dry injection" I have never seen throttle body plates on a Viper and a dry kit is only good for about 125 hp without extensive fuel mods. I think what is meant is intake tube injection instead of throttle body plates. Maybe not.....that takes out all of the NX kits too

Paul says he will create something for the unlimited cars so just get the cars to show and you have a deal.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like tony said, just show up and you will be just fine.

now lets put this thing to rest and get ready for a kickasp event (weather not withstanding)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, How many street Vipers have direct port compared to nozzles in the tubes ? Not many.
What is your normal max hp out of the intake tube injection ? 150 - 250 and 250 is high for most cars.
Direct port.....one stage is capable of over 500 hp. It's not "just a better way of doing it" Its the ONLY safe way to get that much hp (if you want to call that safe) BTR says 300 hp and I think that is with four nozzles but can be a single stage.

There also needs to be clarification were it says: "NOS systems must deliver via throttle body plates or a dry injection" I have never seen throttle body plates on a Viper and a dry kit is only good for about 125 hp without extensive fuel mods. I think what is meant is intake tube injection instead of throttle body plates. Maybe not.....that takes out all of the NX kits too

Paul says he will create something for the unlimited cars so just get the cars to show and you have a deal.

Viper throttle body plates...these happen to be dual stage...Albert Choubler's I believe...NX Express not allowed? N20/Propane not allowed?

You must be registered for see images

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500hp single shot? Soooo the 1000hp superchargers are OK? I think you should count those out too. How many of them do you see on the street? Now only Roe blowers are allowed since they only add blahdy blah horsepower. I'm having problems with the logic.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am seriously considering bringing my 510CI + N2O car all the way from Houston. I hope you guys don't have any problems with me entering.

I have a HUGE problem with it!!! Bastage! :cool:

Gerald - there is always room for first loser - I mean second place.

Seriously - I want to come, my car will be fresh and its never been down the track before. Plus - Greald needs to see what a good paint job looks like. ;)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

[/QUOTE]

Viper throttle body plates...these happen to be dual stage...Albert Choubler's I believe...NX Express not allowed? N20/Propane not allowed?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the pics but ......I said I have never seen throttle body plates on a Viper.....NOT that they weren't avalible. I believe most will have nozzles in the tubes, and that is not legal per the rules. But I think a clarification will change that.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500hp single shot? Soooo the 1000hp superchargers are OK? I think you should count those out too. How many of them do you see on the street? Now only Roe blowers are allowed since they only add blahdy blah horsepower. I'm having problems with the logic.

Is that back at me ? If so...my post was just answering your and a few others questions. I don't even know if I will be there. About the rules....I Don't care, don't give a $hit whatever...take your pick. This is mini racing...doesn't mean anything. If I go...I will be running the autocross tires and I don't think any body can touch my combined time....hows that for some smack ?

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, good smack tony, but isnt that event at the neo classic aug 15-17?? if not, damnn im wayy off track for what event(s) im going to, LOL/. anyway, if you will be at the neoclasic this weekend doing the "dual" event, ill bet you a friendly beer i can touch your time. we gotta generate competition somehow eh??

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap crap crap.....Is there two different events Paul is talking about???? I thought it was this weekend then JUST figured out two days ago it wasn't until next month. I am getting sooooo old. Maybe I will just stay in Ga. and work on my wheel chair.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap crap crap.....Is there two different events Paul is talking about???? I thought it was this weekend then JUST figured out two days ago it wasn't until next month. I am getting sooooo old. Maybe I will just stay in Ga. and work on my wheel chair.

Most of us were only about a week ahead of ya...that is really why we ask Nathan to make <font color="blue">This drag racing website</font>

And I'll bet anyone two beers each I can run the slowest on Nitrous and street tires... :cool:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMFAO; i think thats half the damnn problem; confusion as to what event everyone is talking about,LOL

tony youre not getting old just out of practice, LOL you gave me much good advice and help in beechbend so the least i can do is attempt to beat you in norwalk or columbus, LOL

S

SUN RA KAT

Youse guys keep fighting it out and dropping out and soon I'll be the only one left and I'll take the purse with my Roe Supercharged Viper and a 14.8 ET.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, true, true, but im not dropping out for anyone, helll an afterhours party of roast beast and lobster, a pool and a carshow. too much fun to avoid. plus i can run a sterling 14.5 so i got ya

S

SUN RA KAT

"LOL, true, true, but im not dropping out for anyone, helll an afterhours party of firm breasts and lobster, a pool and a carshow. too much fun to avoid. plus i can run a sterling 14.5 so i got ya"

Damn. (Can I say damn here?)