Here are the Viper Nationals race rules again.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youse guys keep fighting it out and dropping out and soon I'll be the only one left and I'll take the purse with my Roe Supercharged Viper and a 14.8 ET.

LOL, true, true, but im not dropping out for anyone, helll an afterhours party of roast beast and lobster, a pool and a carshow. too much fun to avoid. plus i can run a sterling 14.5 so i got ya

Well, I'm slow, but damn...Don't make me put the drag radials on the Durango...

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez I go away for a couple hours and you guys are fighting over the toys!!
Anthony if your using ONE stage of NOS and have a dry system or a wet system using tubes or throttle bodies your OK. Clarification: One stage means ONE stage of NOS. Alternate fuel gas or propane is OK. One jet providing NOS additional fuel to support it=wet.
It think Tony has answered the port injection issue.
Then there is the 9 sec Viper issue again. How many 9 sec Vipers are there?? 10? Why try to organize a race around that potential? How many NOS and SC cars are there? 200?
Now which group offers a better chance of getting a full field?? I'd love to show the crowd some 9 sec Vipers. But they have to commit.

I don't understand why all the debate on Who is excluded when they didn't plan on coming anyway. Or you don't even have a car with that combination, why are you stirring up the water?

That's what's killing our efforts to create a Drag Racing Program. How about just helping (supporting) organizers like, Dr Roof, Wing King, Tom and myself get a couple good events in the books. Come and compete, even if your not a shoe in. Lets discuss how to level the playing field. This is not going to be resolved nit picking the format on this board by people who have no plans of coming anyway. We need to encourage Viper enthusiasts to come and race, come and show, come an watch. The Ohio VCA is offering an event for a faction of the cost of any Zone Event. $65 per car!!! Race, Show, Hang Out and Eat on us. We want to meet you, race you and entertain you. Just come on out, there is only going to one winner and that will most likely be a surprise. Nothiing is for sure!!!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can this be called "Viper Nationals" if all cars (VIPERS) are not aloud a class to race in. If you want some cars out turn this into an invitational only or a 100% stock Vipers only race. If I knew that I could run in the Mod 2 or unlimited I would be there but why drive all that way to be told that my set up was not aloud where others are???????
I have direct port, a much safer way to use nitrous but if needed I will change to another for the OHIO people.

Are the rules the rules set by the VCA or just the Ohio portion of the VCA? The VCA needs to a board for this and set the rules.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JKracer9 i think youre missin the point; he (pauls) just said there will be a class IF theres a COMMITMENT. commit to race and the problems solved, now, im not siding with anyone here but its seems rather simple as simple can be; if at least FOUR "fast" cars commit to race by showing up and paying the dues then there will be a class for the "fast" cars so as to beat the pisss out of each other, win some cash, take all bragging rights, drink some beer and everyones happy. this isnt an "OHIO" thing this isnt a "you dont want fast cars" thing this is a simple issue of having cars to fill the bill. it cant be explained any more simple than that.

pauls correct me if im wrong on any of the above cause this is how im interpreting this.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TNT JKRACER9 RSI BTR J H Bring the big boys to the show. Rohn, Im sure they will let you run, Tom Welch and If alberts car is ready we could have at least 6 cars. Unlimited is an exciting class.

I want the fast cars like Rohn, Tom and RSI TNT and others to come but at the same time I like the Idea of the Mod 2 class because that fits my need.

Please guys give paul a break here. It is very Hard and if we have a huge turn-out the drag racing series is going to go to the next level. We are already booking tracks in texas for October and Florida for January and other tracks. We need support if not you get burned out and give up.

UNLIMITED is the most exciting So rohn Come showcase your car and call others out!!! Right now you are the unlimited champion! They want to beat you!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly, thnx roof for the support and help here, atleast you understand how easy it is.

BTW i want a ride in that sled

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I eliminate his ass, John Smith from Mississippi will be administering an extreme poser clinic...Learn such tips as:

1. Applying 10 coats of Zaino in two days or less...

2. Making your stocker wheels shine like HRE's...and...

3. It's your shift knob, you can shine it as long as you want to...

These topics and much, much more will be covered in detail...pardon the pun... :laugh:

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof,

I appreciate your invite and wish you well, but when you and the rest of the SC community realize that cars like mine and yours are classed the same..and will race together, the Viper drag racing series will finally raise from its troubled infancy.

I consider my car no different than yours and many other "mod 2" Vipers. Your car has a modified engine with a Supercharger. My car has a modified engine with a nitrous system. I won't go into costs comparisions as it would lead down a sad road for some.

Unlimited class cars include items like stroker engines, and/or combinations of power adders like tt and nitrous, stroker with nitrous, supercharger with nitrous, aftermarket drivetrain components and so forth.

So, when someone can stand up and explain how a head package and a nitrous kit on a stock engine fit into the Unlimited class just because it runs 9's with only 800 RWHP, I will condone, sponsor and travel across the vastness of our country to participate in them all. Until then, you are all cheating yourselves and until you outrun cars like mine, you are living a fantacy induced lie. Forget that I sell Viper parts, I'm a Viper owner and die hard racer..as you and many others have witnessed first hand.

Thats all I have to say about that. Good luck to all.

Tom

P.S. I have privately spoken with Pauls and promised him I would not speak down about his event on public forums and I will honor that promise. It is a shame though that the fine mopar fans attending this event will not have the opportunity to witness the true performance of a mod 2 Viper.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, Could you clarify this: If there are four nozzles and four solinoids in the intake tube and they are only in ONE stage......is that a legal mod2 car ? This would be like the BTR propane/nitrous kit which could be a single or dual stage system but would be one stage only. The reason there are four nozzles/solinoids is because of the two types of fuel being injected. By looking at both web sites the hp rating of the best NX kit and the best BTR kit are the same. I am asking for a Viper owner here in north Georgia. It is on a bone stock motor if that matters. tnx

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

I think it is important that we work hard to develop a true class structure that has concrete rules. Unfortunately everything is unclear. Your car may be a true mod 2 car by the rules, honestly I don;t know, I also realize that some may object to the fact that my car should be beyond the mod 2 class due to Hp ratings. I and others are working hard to develop a true structure that is fair for all racers.

I think your car is more than capable of winning in the unlimited class. Even though it might be a true mod 2 car. I would like to see your car compete because it is a proven 9 second car which puts it with the elite!

regards

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Welch is to SLOW to run unlimited..... That is why Tom is a cry baby about running in a "Proffesional" class with the REAL fast. Tom GET REAL !! BE A CLASS ACT.... GET SOME RESPECT.... by earning it.

Ward Reasoner......Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony anyone with a NOS question contact me directly. I'll defer to my NOS consultant. Maybe calling it stages of NOS is causing confusion. I'm no expert. Lets focus on delivery.

This is my position. ONE solenoid for fuel (any kind) One Solenoid for NOS. Dry system ONE solenoid for NOS.

Any more solenoids complicates enforcement. I understand they can all be activated at once, but I can't police if they are timed. So lets keep it simple. TWO Total.

If I've missed something here contact me.

S

SUN RA KAT

If only 3 of the real fast Vipers show up I'll volunteer to be moved into the unlimited class with them just so we have 4 unlimiteds and everyone can see them run. I'll have one of the best seats in the house to watch them fly by me.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof,

Thanks for the input.

Ward, your stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amaze. If I remember correctly you have been the cry baby ever since I spanked you at BG. What ever happened to that "same car same club" crap. I knew I had your respect in the form of FEAR when you knew you had to run against me..(I saw it in your face)and believe it, the result will always be the same. I'm waiting for you to explain in your infinate wisdom how my car differs from yours in the amount of mods. Until then, live the lie, LOOOOOSER BOY!

LOL!

P.S. Come on out this Sunday and get some if you think you can!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of questions
What is a "Tuners shop test car", Tom owns a Viper and is a tuner, RSI owns a Viper and is a tuner so what exactly does that mean?
The unlimited cars will be 6 speed, rear ends Viper, etc or do automatics run unlimited?
This is hard to figure out so I have motor being pulled today. We will change from direct port and make a couple of changes, running Mod 2 sounds fun
New motor mods new class
See you at the track
X unlimited, new to Mod 2
Rohn

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why all the Presidents of VCA need to pull into the Holiday Inn and set rules in stone or write rules and ask for written comment via the US mail and then finalize a rule book. Along with all the Presidents the tuners should have a say. DC needs to take a hand.
Rohn

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why all the Presidents of VCA need to pull into the Holiday Inn and set rules in stone or write rules and ask for written comment via the US mail and then finalize a rule book. Along with all the Presidents the tuners should have a say. DC needs to take a hand.
Rohn

Like all the presidents know much about it ????? And why would tuners have a say if I can't ??? And why pull the motor....just plug the holes in the intake and spray the tubes :) I do like Rohn's attitude though.... "if you beat um to bad then join them" and beat them some more !!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
Thanks
The reason for pulling the Direct Port is that after driving that far I do not want some Tech in to say "are you sure that it is not connected" and push me out.
It is just as easy to pull the intake and set up another. Until rules are set in stone we need to roll with the other rocks I guess.
I do think that DC & the presidents need to set something up and invite the tuners. Once a ruff draft is written up others that are involved in racing such as you need to have a say into a final draft. If this is ever to get legs everyone must agree to 90% of the rules and the other 10% we can argue about.
See you in Mod 2 unless I can pull enough to get into Mod 1
Rohn

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC:

Rohn...If you're coming to the Ohio event, I wanna see you sporting a yellow MN VCA t-shirt!!! :cool:

That goes for everyone!!! Rich, you cheap bastage, you haven't even ordered any...I'll bring you some!

BACK ON TOPIC: Wa, wa, wa wa, was...Charlie Browns freakin teacher...