Here is the New Coupe----any GTS Owners Considering Trading In?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Just wondering what fellow GTS owners plan on doing. I believe the front view pic looks quite nice, but the rear end looks kind of patched up.

Is this a step towards the future for the Viper or just a way to sell the leftover SRT Convertibles? Evidently some work and thought was put into this project. At least it is better than nothing. :usa:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see it as a way to pick up a convertible on the cheap as a second Viper. I'm not interested in selling my GTS at all.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this looks much better.

This one is like 4 inches off the ground.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate me if you want, but I think it looks fine. Especially the wheels. They look like a five-spoke version of the SSR Comps.

91viper5_small-med.jpg

I will admit though, that when DC buys GM the C7 Vette and Gen IV Viper are going to merge into the same car. They just keep getting closer and closer.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 'higher' coupe is the new 4x4 version. It will have the chassis of a Mercedes ML55.

Are they serious with the ride height? How can ANYone look at those press pictures and not see how goofy a Viper can look when it's got so much tire to body clearance? Look at an M3.....hell look at a standard 325i.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, how many threads are we going to have started with the SAME DAMN pictures? Does anyone know how to read and look at the OTHER 100 threads made this week about the "NEW" Coupe? :rolleyes:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this looks much better.

This one is like 4 inches off the ground.

That lowered version looks a lot better, but its still NO streetable CC. :mad:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've considered an SRT/10 for a 2nd Viper. I don't think I could part with my GTS though.

If they made the SRT's in some better colors, It would greatly speed my decision making process. A deep red, midnight blue, STEEL GREY, etc.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. I like it more than the SRT...
Once it's lowered, different rims and a 1000HP modded engine is gonna make that bad boy INSANE!!

The stripes really give it a good look.

Gerald

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just showed it to my girl. Sometimes it's better to show it to someone with limited knowledge and no bias towards older and newer generations.

Immediatley she said it looked like a CAMARO. ugghh, sigh...oh well..

Then she said, it looks like a cross between a GenII GTS and a SRT10. I'll take that better than the Camaro comment. :eek:

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wheels better than the SRT wheels. There is no way I would trade for a 2006 simply because I expect a big horsepower jump in 2007 or they are going to kill the car.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think its bad, its no Comp coup, but still not bad. I'll stick with my GEN2. Now if it came with 600hp from the factory, it would look alot better.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even close...the GTS is still the king of all Vipers. Man did DC fck up!!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trading, keeping forever, but that lowered version looks nice. I remember someone, I think it was Gerald, said we have been hardwired about the blue/white GTS color for so long it clouds our perception of this car. I did not like the C6 until I saw it lowered and in BLACK. Somebody photoshop that lowered version in black solid color, no stripes and I bet we all get a lot more excited.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good. Will not trade my GTS in I love my B/W. I just bought the VCA SRT and sent it in to DLM to have close to 1000hp so I am good.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No trades on the GTS for that. Now, I don't know if I could even trade the GTS if they did make the CC either, probably just would have got rid of the wife's beetle and parked it in its place. She would never know.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if only 500hp DC is killing the C before it hits the showrooms floor so my answer is NO !

but 550/600hp im calling Bill :D

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roof is fugly; horrible, it literally looks like they halfasssed slapped a chintsy roof onto a convertible. plus the rearend; theyre bullshiiting us, they didnt do a damnn thing still too short and stubby. at least its got nice wheels. oh and the excellent interior; IF YOUR VANILLA ICE WITH AN IDENTITY CRISIS!!!

this car ***** asss, back to drawing board

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance. My 01 Sapphire ACR has 650 HP and has the timeless GTS look. The 06 coupe is a dad gum mutant!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they came out with a street Comp Coupe (esp with 600-700 HP), it would only make the Gen 2's depreciate quickly as everyone and their mother would be ditching the Gen 2 for the vastly improved new Coupe. They are only killing the product and enhancing the value of the Gen 2's. Who is going to pay $86,000 for that car?

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first impression is DC screwed up. It looks too short and the back needs help. The GTS lost it's masculinity if it's going to look like that.

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll either keep my GTS or I'll buy the new Z06 if those are the current performance numbers. Why spend $85k to get spanked by a Chevy?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like the SRT-10 Coupe's styling just fine, but it's unforgivable to have the Viper remain at 500HP! :eek:
What are they thinking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX