Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEST I COULD DO THIS FAST
6041NV1-med.jpg

i like it, i'm going to scan article and post it tonight

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The picture is of the CONCEPT coupe shown in Dallas. Like just about every single concept shown prior to the official release, I expect more than a few changes. This one is nice, but didn't blow people away the way the looks of the Comp Coupe (or original GTS/R concept) did.

We shall see, but at least MT didn't pull a Road & Crap and post a Photoshop of an SRT with a bubble roof... :rolleyes:

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The picture is of the CONCEPT coupe shown in Dallas. Like just about every single concept shown prior to the official release, I expect more than a few changes. This one is nice, but didn't blow people away the way the looks of the Comp Coupe (or original GTS/R concept) did.

We shall see, but at least MT didn't pull a Road & Crap and post a Photoshop of an SRT with a bubble roof... :rolleyes:

If this is true (which I hope it is) I can't understand why DC would let MT take studio shots with a car that isn't even close to what we're going to see next month..... I can understand the reason to want to create a buzz but this isn't the style to be doing it with. When will the torture stop?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna see some @ss shots before I give up and pick up a C6 Z06 flag.

Dodge might have a winner if it could possibly work some more wheel gap in there...

Like we really give a $hit what flag your annoying 16 year old @ss picks up. You won’t own either car, so piss off.

Maybe if we are lucky you'll pick up this z06 flag, and go annoy those poor unsuspecting guys on their forum.

4000+ wothless posts, and your still a dork.

Jon

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna see some @ss shots before I give up and pick up a C6 Z06 flag.

Dodge might have a winner if it could possibly work some more wheel gap in there...

Like we really give a $hit what flag your annoying 16 year old @ss picks up. You won’t own either car, so piss off.

Maybe if we are lucky you'll pick up this z06 flag, and go annoy those poor unsuspecting guys on their forum.

4000+ wothless posts, and your still a dork.

Jon

hahahahhaha i vote this post as post of the year!!! hahaha props :2tu:

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the car in the pic has already has been reworked, according to the article, from the Concept Coupe shown at VOI 8.

The rear haunches have been increased in height and the ducktail spoiler is bigger, the coupe glass (which is broken in the photo) has been lengthened as well.

All this because of comments and critizisms from Viper owners who saw the car at VOI 8.

Personally I like it. To me it looks better than the new Z06 (which was like two pages after this article), but I still like the original GTS better.

Hopefully there will be a Performance boost next year and some weigth dropped because there is no way I am paying 75K for a Corvette.

To me this is a step in the right direction for the Viper.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not sure that I agree that this is the "new" version:

6041NV1-med.jpg

14side1.jpg

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id buy the SRT10 convert before I buy that thing...dissappointing to say the least....heres to hoping DC is doing the opposite of GM and releasing fake pics to us so it can really blow you away at the official release...

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of waiting for the coupe before I did the Heffner TT conversion. A simple bump in power would not get me to sell as I will have more power soon than I will know what to do with. If the coupe was a drop dead knock out looking car then maybe ... this version looks good but not good enough to give up my open top. :2tu:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall, I'd say for a quick and dirty (read low budget) re-design to satisfy our request for a coupe, I think it's pretty durn good, It even looks like I (6' 6" tall) might fit.
Now the only real complaint is- I got used to looking at those tail lights on my 96 GTS. It needs to be a little different to make the rear end look good. With those lights, many folks will think they are following a 96/97 GTS!
PBR
#10 of 50

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is why would I want to buy a car that can't kick the Z06....DC should put the Sema Show engine in the G3 coupe from last year with the patented intake system and have a 625 hp car. This looks like the coupe at VIO8. Time to wait for the Detroit Auto Show.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a mazda rx-8 to me. funny how the german influence of daimler has managed to totally mess chrsyler up. you would think that they would have made it look more like a mercedes as they have done to the chrsyler crossfire and everything else. somehow they manzed to rice the crap out of the viper. either way you slice it; taking american cars and making them look like german cars or asian cars is a total abomination in my eyes. the worst decision dodge ever made was to go into business with daimler. it has been nothing but downhill ever since then for dodge and all uphill for mercedes. the new mercedes cars are way better than they used to be and the dodge cars have gotten worse including the quality of the new hemi powered dodge ram pickups. the new dodge charger has totally been destroyed by the nazis :confused:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Overall, I'd say for a quick and dirty (read low budget) re-design to satisfy our request for a coupe, I think it's pretty durn good."

Are you kidding me! It looks like parts from six different cars. If there are any changes from VOI8 they are too subtle to discern, and they certainly didn't make any improvements. Viper's cutting edge design has been cut away!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I heard DC was going to stroke and bore the 8.3 to get 550hp to 600hp in the new coupe. the ony problem with the higher hp rating was emission problems to work out.(darn EPA idiots). No way would DC bring out the new coupe with out slamin the door on the vette..