Hey TOOFAST . . .

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock motor with Balenger's,corsa,lowered(bad call for drag racing).Stock fuel.VEC1 @+8(low),-16(high).Suprising eh.I tune my TOOFAST systems to run 9 to 1 rich with my everyday settings.The shot is 230+- rwhp,Tried two dyno's,one@(below #'s),and the other @665rwhp(humid day).Set it and forget it!Spray it or LOSE!!

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFAST you dont modify the high to a positive setting when running nitrous???

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tooofst it's good to see people like you who are honest and not afraid to tell their settings and numbers. I think most people hide alot because of ego who has the fastest car etc, but it's refreshing to see people who just enjoy and want to have fun while helping others. GOOD LUCK.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent,when I had the 150rw shot,the vec was @+4high,retarding the timing worked.When I jumped to the 200+rw shots,I lost to much power @ positive settings.Go figure.So it worked out well that my daily +8low and -16high,made the most hp/tq with the juice.Butch the Snakes yellow 01 GTS also with 150rw shot went 10.90 @131 with +8,-16 daily settings.
Your propane set up should benefit the most from the +high settings.
Thanks Ron,I enjoy helping my friends and customers alike.Its lonely at the TOP.My thanks to 9sec Albert(sparky)and Tom BTR welch these Nitrous guys my be faster but they'll never look as good.
sarcblink.gif

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks too fast ,guess i'll have to mess with the vec some more but i dynoed very smoothly with my low at +6 and high at +4. better dyno again and see how the car runs at a negative setting since i know my 2001 runs rich and the negative setting may help bring on more power.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent,the low setting can be 0+or-,won't affect the dyno since your testing is above 2500rpm.What's your dyno#'s are they consistant with Tom's basic kit?I think you'll be going -high and jumping up the fuel/propane jets.The VEC makes dialing in your air/fuel easy and safe compared to changing out jets like a monkey on crack.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my rwhp was 580. i think that is consistant to the jetting size that i am using. so with the guys running purners and et, how did they modify there rear calipers?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me 1/2 day to remove the rear calipers,machine down the caliper to clear the wheel and back on.Check with bill at APEX,he set me up with the machining tolerances, and might have a set in stock ready to go(an exchange?).No problems modifying the caliper.
cool.gif