Hey yellow owners

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've noticed that in certain light conditions, my doors look a different shade of yellow than the rest of the car. I've ruled out a repair that was done before I bought the car since both doors are the same way.

Took me a couple years to notice. Perhaps the door panels are made out of a different material than the rest of the car and results in different light reflection.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my old viper had parts on it that seemed to be a different yellow. don't rule out repainting. my front fascia and my hood vents seemed to be a different yellow. im on my 2nd yellow viper and everything matches. not sure about the srt's

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quit driving fast with the doors open;)

From your screen name Im guessing youve got/had a Baja?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Yellow title got me real excited!:yay:;)

Yellow is a very hard color to paint. As it is one of those colors that when you give it a coat of paint, you can still kinda see through it, it needs multipal even coats. Where I work we have some of our parts painted yellow and we have WAYYY more scrap yellow due to this than any other color, even white. Even a slightly different thickness of coating can make a differance.

My guess is that due to Viper parts being painted separately from the car, then being assembled onto the car (as opposed to most cars being painted as one piece), I could see this happening. Even two panels from the same paint batch could be a little off.

My 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Robert

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing productive to add, other than I like yellow :2tu:

:drive:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my YELLOW 94 is all the same shade but holly cow don't ever try to use the Mopar touch up paint on yellow!!! luckly I tried it on the inside of the trunk first Not good

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If memory serves me correct...the vipers body panels (GEN I & Gen II) were painted at seperate plants so it is not uncommon for Gen I & Gen II vipers to seem to have slight varience's in the color on the same car. The Front end on my ACR for example, the fascia looks quite a bit different than my hood. On my window sticker for my RT/10 it even lists the hard top color as "Bridgewater Blue" even though the body color is listed as "Deep Sapphire Blue peral coat."

Oh and by the way...Sapphire blue is the fastest color. :D
My guess is that due to Viper parts being painted separately from the car, then being assembled onto the car (as opposed to most cars being painted as one piece), I could see this happening. Even two panels from the same paint batch could be a little off.Robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc