High Flow Cats+B&B catback???

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I did the B&B catback to my car in June, I thought I remember reading about how loud the system was with HF cats.

The car sounds great right now, and yes, there is some drone with the B&B, if
anybody says different their full of Shoott. Problem is, with the traffic around here, I have been caught in two backups, each resulting in approx.
an hour of bumper to bumper, stop and go, traffic.... You can literally
smell the car burning, the insulation that is, and the heat is unbearable.
The engine temp. is fine, but the exhaust sills in Aug and traffic make
the car literally smell in traffic.

I know HF cats will solve all or most of this, but I don't want the
thing to be any louder than it is. Some guys say Corsa and HF cats
is the best way to go. Any ideas. Thanks, Joe..

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi-flow cats WILL make it louder. And as JonB says "B stands for BOOM on the "B" system cat-back systems"
Hi-flows and the Corsa is louder / deeper (but NOT obnoxious)than with just the Corsa and stock cats.

Step on the loud pedal and all **** breaks loose :)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the top of the line high flow cats and a B&B
it was too loud for my RT
the neighbors whined.. my wife wasn't pleased ...
ended up going back to stock cats.
but the luke warm sills were a nice benefit..
but trust me adding randomtech high flow cats will make it sound loud, like a real race car!
good luck
Jim

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
B&B+Cats is loud, but... not TOO loud. It is not NEARLY as loud as any setup without cats. It is a different tone without cats than with on a B&B, and it will pop loud if you mash the go pedal and let off very quickly. (that accounts for most of the noise) Then again, it all depends how you drive the car.

I would highly advise against going with a Corsa system if you like the sound of a B&B, they sound NOTHING alike. If you are like me, and like how a B&B sounds, you will be disappointed with Corsa. Corsa sounds weak in my opinion, while B&B has a "Big Block" rumble.

PS- Jim is a wussie, lol

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't get sniffed get rid of the cats and add syms.Loud?WHAT?Yes at WOT.Ok at cruise.Lift when going by cop cars.Side sills way cool.Traffic jam?Park the car on the shoulder or grass someplace and go get a nice cool beer.Nothing worse than a Viper in stop and go.Not because you can't do it but because its an un-natural act. Bruce

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thig for you to do is get to a Viper Days event, club get function or a gathering of snakes at the local ******* and take a listen for yourself. There is bound to be someone at one of these events that has the same system you might be interested in. Exhaust sound is sooooooo subjective AND personal.
Good luck!

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the deepest sounding exhaust.

At least on the C5, I thought Corsa was too raspy/high-pitched and loud only under WOT. Borla seemed to be the deepest sounding but fit/finsh was not so great. B&B seemed too quiet for me. Can someone confirm above on Vipers?

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of us are real Corsa fans. I have B&B headers, RT cats and Corsa cat back, I love the sound, exotic, like the looks of the car, and NO DRONE. Go Corsa

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Have to agree with Joe, exhaust sound is one of the most subjective issues and one that gets huga attention on this and every board I belong to. Go to a place where you can listen to many of the types you are considering, and take a listen. But even then, it depends on what type of cats, headers, etc, so it is still difficult. Personally, I always appreciated the B&B sound every time I started up. Good luck.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the deepest sounding exhaust.

At least on the C5, I thought Corsa was too raspy/high-pitched and loud only under WOT. Borla seemed to be the deepest sounding but fit/finsh was not so great. B&B seemed too quiet for me. Can someone confirm above on Vipers?
If deepness is what you want, go B&B or Borla/Mopar, the Corsa exhaust on the Viper also has that raspy/high pitch sound I don't like that it produces on the Vettes. It's all subjective though, some people want that exotic sound with no drone and go for Corsa, while others like myself or Final above want it loud/mean/deep and go for either B&B or Borla/Mopar etc.

But as was said before it also depends on what headers, cats (if your running them) you have as they really change the sound.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the difference in sound of the Roe cats and RT cats? Are the Roe cats good for high hp supercharged cars?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiflow cats are a ton better that the stock cats. It really doesn't natter who's brand (although I am partial to RT).
Regular stainless high flow cats are good for all mods up to power adders, for which you should be no cats or metal substrate cats.

charmer006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dared to be different and went with the bellanger cat back with roe hf cats...very similar to b n b...ungodly loud without cats