Highest HP Naturally Aspirated Modified V10 is made by who?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who manufacturers the highest HP Modified V10 with no power additives that is as reliable as the stock motor? Curious to see what you guys come up with. Also how expensive is it to make a naturally aspirated monster with upgrades.
Remember no power additives: supercharger, nitrous, race gas, or turbo.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lingenfelter RT10 ran 10.00 @ 144 mph on all motor. Not sure what it dyno's but I would guess its over 700 at the tires. Pretty impressive for no power adders.

JT

Reaction score
I went to the LPE website....typed in Viper in their serch box. Only thing that came up was a brake kit....Too bad, Looked like that car kicked some serious rubber

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Hemmessey Performance 510 making @ 650/650 at the wheels all motor all the time! Also makes 600 at the wheels by 3500 rpm's

Regards,

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are all really helpful, this is such an invaluable resource. The reason I posted this is that I am researching how I can get high HP numbers without charging or nitrous. Also I want to keep cubic inches the same 488. I have exhaust and intake mods already. My next step is Vec1 , 171 rockers, heads and cam. Biggest question is what heads and cam to go with. My goal is highest HP and most of all reliability.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LPE package cost in the region of $30k - give or take - someone here could probably narrow that down a bit - the point is

you want a serious all motor - it costs. There is a reason for that. The time it takes to build a top quality engine is huge - very few understand this.

From what you have posted (correct me if wrong) all you are doing is what 99% of what everyone else does... i.e.

ASSUME the factory longblock is all you need - expect to bolt on heads, cam, intake and exhaust - and go record hunting... maybe add better pistons etc and think that makes it a race engine.

WRONG!

The factory long block is great - but it will not get you to records on all motor.

To run race quality parts, a custom top shelf specification, and full blue print and balance - get your check book out and empty that V10 of almost everything and start again - then go break some records.

That would be a really cool project, one I've thought of a lot too - but there is no cheap way.

If you want to keep your basic bottom end or within a tight budget - forget asking questions about "who makes the most etc" then hoping your car with bolt ons and add ons and a rebuild can be like that - it won't be even close.

Sorry for the dose of realism - the engine will still make great power with the usual mods. If you do not mind the odd lash adjustment - solid roller lifters will open up a new world for you if you get a grind from someone who knows what they are doing. :2tu:

However - if you are willing to spend the big bucks to have it done right - the possibilities are endless. :cool: 9's on all motor are a given, the only question is who is first. A built engine will last longer than a bolt on if done right - but don't expect 100,000 miles from a 700rwhp motor - half that would be a great effort.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Ned at Rolling Thunderz he has some killer packages. Most people have never heard of them, but they does incredible work. 488ci on up to, well let Ned tell you. Just tell him Pat sent ya. 905-761-3273.

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry thanks for the reality check, I hate you now. I'm depressed because I know that you are right. That is the correct way of engineering a 700hp motor. For now I am not going to break down the motor and redo the heads. I'll have to be happy with 500hp adding the Vec 1 and the rockers and leaving it at that. I don'want to half ass the heads and cam. I will research TNT and Rolling Thunderz to see what they offer but I know your right.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10 Mafia, I promise, half asp won't be coming from Ned. Ned helped design the aftermarket rockers for the Viper along with developing cam profiles with Comp. Top notch operation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte