Hillbilly cooling mods

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only fair caution to folks about doing this, is the impact on resale. It looks good, probably works, but the owner needs to know going in, that the value of the car will drop. Fair warning to those who will consider these changes, and not intended to degrade the work done -- it just will come with a price.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only fair caution to folks about doing this, is the impact on resale. It looks good, probably works, but the owner needs to know going in, that the value of the car will drop. Fair warning to those who will consider these changes, and not intended to degrade the work done -- it just will come with a price.

Hahaha good one. :)

resale value. Maybe in 2080 a GII viper may be worth something. They could market them as historic "fossil fuel transportation devices"

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter,

Yes they are 1.25" diameter "Clevaflex" sleeving used primarily for cooling IRL car turbos. Purchased from North American Racing here in Indy. Not cheap, and don't remember the total length I used but have the info at home and will post later.

Clevaflex Data Sheet

Bill,

I agree completely with you and as I mentioned earlier, with the exception of my 6 point belts, every modification that I've ever made (and will ever make) can be completely removed leaving no trace that it was ever there.... these cooling mods included.

(and if I were to invest in a rear bulkhead, even the 6 points could disappear...)

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great job, Ron.
Thanks for the excellent photos and info. I am going to
replace the side resonators with 18 inch straight pipe ($4) also,
and while getting the pipe also noticed flexible exhaust pipe
in 2 and 2 1/2 inch, so going back for that, while I have the
sills off. Anything to help cool the sills ! ( and heat up the
sound as well! ) Also trying to find/make 'x' pipe in place
of the rear muffler, and open the left hood 'speaker' grill.
Any suggestions for the 'x' pipe, anyone ?
Thanks!
Mark