HMS offering "No Money Down" !?

Reaction score
Re: HMS offering \"No Money Down\" !?

No Rock, this is not a new H.M.S policy. After all, H.M.S or any other shop for that matter (if they have your car) could could put a "mechanics lean" on the car until the bill is paid if necessary. A healthy business should only need your car as collateral unless the scope of the work exceeds it's value. The "litmus test" is whether a shop can pay for the needed parts and materials before the work is completed so as not to impede the project. Once a shop goes on a "COD" with suppliers, you had better have your work done elsewhere.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is the guarantee that you get the car mods you wanted as soon as you pay.

With HMS, I would not trust his no money down policy. Sure you pick up your car, no money down no mods made after you car sits there for 3 months.

Oh well, Hey ROCK<<<<< you know big business>>>>>>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS VA:
What is the guarantee that you get the car mods you wanted as soon as you pay.

With HMS, I would not trust his no money down policy. Sure you pick up your car, no money down no mods made after you car sits there for 3 months.

Oh well, Hey ROCK&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; you know big business&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's keep the facts straight. I believe the gentleman that originally Posted the "No Money Down" policy also stated that monies would be paid <u>only</u> after a dyno.
In my view, I don't think Hennessey will be losing too many customers w/ that policy! I personally went to the track last Saturday w/ a customer that just picked up his New Venom 650R (w/ an added surprise for special occasions
laugh.gif
)
that made OVER 570 RWHP on motor! I believe it took less than 2wks for his car to be finished. He gave us all a little show on the highway - and you woulda thought it was a Venom 800TT in disguise! We were going 100 - 120 and he left us literally STANDING STILL! I hit 150 and held it there for a minute before I caught up to him - After he slowed down!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trey,
That sounds like a very nice car. Like I have said before it's not brain surgery to put some good components in a motor to make it produce HP. My father taught me how when I was a boy. I don't think there is anyone out there that says Hennessey Motorsports can't or has not produced good vehicles just like the other tuners. What people are saying is he has produced good cars for some people and ripped off others. His communication has been good with some people and God Awful with others. It is the dishonesty and these inconsistancies in service which make him a dangerous person to do business with.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if you'll even get your own car back or you get someone elses instead of yours?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trey I witnessed a dyno pull with a venom 650 about a month ago and it made 440 rwhp now I have to admit the guy got deal on the kit it was only 38,000 dollars.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tex wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I think you said it all when you said "A healthy business should only need your car as collateral unless the scope of the work exceeds it's value".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess Lingenfelter's business is "unhealthy" as is TNT and most other tuners. According to their website, they too need deposits. I think the normal being half.
As a matter of fact, most contractors of anykind, require deposits. Building, landscaping, etc...

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Trey I witnessed a dyno pull with a venom 650 about a month ago and it made 440 rwhp now I have to admit the guy got deal on the kit it was only 38,000 dollars.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have been a piece of **** dyno or operator! Give me a break please.

Trey,
Was that Gerald in his new GTS Bumbleebee?

John & HMS,
Keep up the great work. I'll be back soon for my 200HP NOS, rollbar and rear diffuser.
devil.gif
DOG

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:

Trey,

John & HMS,
Keep up the great work. I'll be back soon for my 200HP NOS, rollbar and rear diffuser.
devil.gif
DOG

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DevilDog,
It sure was! It looks incredible! The inside is outstanding as well the outside. The wheels are very orignal. Gerald put his own touch on them. It sounds great, pulled great numbers at the track.....Just a beautiful car. Kinda made me think @ a yellow one for a minute.
smile.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEVILDOG:
Trey, HMS or Gerald,
Have any pics of that new Bumbleebee you can post?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure don't. I might take my digital camera out tonight & snap a few.

not stock

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trey,

John & HMS,
devil.gif
DOG

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/006354.html

Nice work John & HMS!!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
DevilDog,
It sure was! It looks incredible! The inside is outstanding as well the outside. The wheels are very orignal. Gerald put his own touch on them. It sounds great, pulled great numbers at the track.....Just a beautiful car. Kinda made me think @ a yellow one for a minute.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trey, HMS or Gerald,
Have any pics of that new Bumbleebee you can post?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

not stock,
As John requested, I'll reserve my judgement until the names of those Venom 650R owners are verified.

Tex ( cowpoke jr. ),
Read my signature....see any dyno numbers?
laugh.gif
Also, I'm definitely not one of the good ole boys if your considered as one! BTW, you still living in the banging farm animals world?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tex:
RedPuppy,

Cowpoke, jr., hahahaha!--is that the best you can do?

Yeah, I see dyno numbers, son--don't panic, just have those numbers checked by a REPUTABLE source--living in TX does have it's advantages, huh?. Give my regards to JPH aka TJ Booker.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calfpoke jr.,
I don't think I need to do any better than that. However, I do have a few questions.
Where do you live in Texas...or are you at home just playing on the range?
Are you a VCA member...what is you number?
Did you get your silver stripes painted or stickered on you '97 red GTS since they didn't originate until '98?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Calfpoke jr.,
I don't think I need to do any better than that. However, I do have a few questions.
Where do you live in Texas...or are you at home just playing on the range?
Are you a VCA member...what is you number?
Did you get your silver stripes painted or stickered on you '97 red GTS since they didn't originate until '98?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not a VCA member, my stripes are stickered on and I act like a kid and I play on my computer....

I don't get it..
Does that mean I have a slow car?

The challenge has been made.. Post your dyno sheet from a 3rd party dyno facility w/ SAE NET numbers... (No flame, just really curious..)

And my <FONT COLOR="Red">signature</FONT c> doesn't have girly colors in them either..
laugh.gif

Gerald

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kinda like those colors.....

Gerald, 650R's do exist that make big power...And can even outrun some Blower cars.
smile.gif
It is NOT all in the numbers.

No flame intended right back at you.

Best Regards,

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As I know they do exist....

I would like to see if his is one of them...

....bounce.....

Gerald

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:

I'm not a VCA member, my stripes are stickered on and I act like a kid and I play on my computer....

<FONT COLOR="GREEN">***Yes, you are definitely a kid. Why don't you mind your own business as I was not addressing you. I guess you figure I needed to hear from you since you're a legend in your own mind...wrong!</FONT c>

I don't get it..
Does that mean I have a slow car?

<FONT COLOR="RED">***Kid if above is your concept of deductive reasoning I'm not at all surprised that you don't get it!</FONT c>

And my <FONT COLOR="Red">signature</FONT c> doesn't have girly colors in them either..

<FONT COLOR="BLUE">***One dimensional minds can rarely appreciate color.</FONT c>

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Gerald,
Hope you like my new signature. Don't go brain dead on us from too much mental stimulation!
laugh.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc