Holy hood gap

pigcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what is more eye catching, the price for a 7k miles B\W GTS or the hood gap...wonder what stories this car would tell if it could talk..something does not seem right.

1997 DODGE VIPER GTS

EastTnMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were betting, I would bet that the hood is not completely closed. My '97 looks just like this when the final latch is not latched. I would say that they need to completely close the hood before they take pics...This is easy to do, as I almost left a car show like this once, talking, etc., and a friend that rode to the show with me looked at me and asked me if I was going to completely close the hood before we left....Now I always remember to double check.
Mike :drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver side fascia looks like it would touch if the hood was lowered any more. Also looks twisted there.

Aside from that look at the condition of the spare tire cover and how dirty the rear carpet looks in general.

I'd want that thing up on the rack with a straight edge in a few spots before calling it a good buy.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I were betting, I would bet that the hood is not completely closed. My '97 looks just like this when the final latch is not latched. I would say that they need to completely close the hood before they take pics...This is easy to do, as I almost left a car show like this once, talking, etc., and a friend that rode to the show with me looked at me and asked me if I was going to completely close the hood before we left....Now I always remember to double check.
Mike :drive:

I agree with Mike..; however, I just noticed the price. Has to be a story to this one.

OP
OP
P

pigcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah may be jumping to conclusions on being suspicious since the miles are 7k, the price is $29,900 and the carfax has 20 entries 1B3ER69E7VV300899

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

looking at the small gap between the hood and the front bumper / fascia, i also dont think this hood is going to get closed much more.

You must be registered for see images

looking in the same location on this side - the gap on this side doesnt match the other.

i agree with Dave.

:eater:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think someone nailed a curb with the car and the front facia is rotated down which would explain most all of the gaps except for the parallel pass side, but then it could just be a little twisted

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran a AutoCheck on this car, here's what came up:

10-15-06 Accident,Left Front of car crashed into Gaurdrail,Front badly damaged.Miles 6480

11-17-06 Salvage Title MI-6653
11-17-06 Salvage Title NY-6653

Car put into dealer inventory 2-4-2010 7040 miles Hollywood FLA. Color reported as White.

This car is a mess !!!!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score

10-15-06 Accident,Left Front of car crashed into Gaurdrail,Front badly damaged.Miles 6480

Car put into dealer inventory 2-4-2010 7040 miles Hollywood FLA. Color reported as White.

This car is a mess !!!!
nice work.

Nick

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another mystery solved! I would have sold this car if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

Bruce

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Must see" is correct! One would think a dealer selling a car would disclose in their ad that it has a salvage title. Buyer beware I guess.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This car is a mess !!!!

niiice

:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh that......that's not a gap, that is part the optional 1997 cold air package, which was designed to provide sufficient and symetrical cold air flow into all parts of the motor, not just the intake. The rationale was..."a cool motor is a happy motor" :hitfan:.....NOT!!!!

:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao: